Republic Wireless shutting down as Dish moves customers over to Boost Infinite

Can't we all just get along. This is a thread about mobile services, not anything remotely worth arguing about.
I get along just fine. Just don't call me out for bringing up Virizon as a choice for some when you throw them under the bus. Not directed at you but at the poster that I replied to indicating with no ill will in my post that Verizon is wanted by some,

Reactions: charlesrshell
I get along just fine. Just don't call me out for bringing up Virizon as a choice for some when you throw them under the bus. Not directed at you but at the poster that I replied to indicating with no ill will in my post that Verizon is wanted by some,
This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let's not bicker and argue over who killed who.

Assuming your phone is white listed by AT&T (ask me how I know). Does anybody really want Verizon? That leaves T-Mobile. I dropped USMobile and Consumer Cellular and went with Tello. Unlimited talk & text plus 2 GB of 5G data (I don't really use much data) all running on T-Mobile for $10 a month. I also replaced the POTS line with an Ooma Telo unit running on the Internet. Cut my phone bill by almost $75 a month. There are too many MVNO's out there for Boost to grab much market. Their only hope is company owned infrastructure and I'm not finding much if any news on buildout, just one internal restructure/merger after another. That ain't getting it done. If Dish were making any serious progress with the buildout wouldn't you be seeing press releases like "Dish brings x number of towers on-line this week/month/year."? Maybe I missed them, anybody seen them?
It depends where you are located. Verizon is the best here because it's formerly GTE MobileNet but in some areas, the other carriers are better. T-Mobile does not work for me because there was a time when I was a Nielsen NetRatings Panelist, I got kicked out of the program after one week when their devices was sending back garbage data via T-Mobile because of the poor coverage for T-Mobile. I have Obi202 with Google Voice running on Internet so it costs $0.00. I mean the problem with USMobile is it's not automatic switching of the 3 carriers but you have to switch using their website and you can only do it 8 times a month, they should make it work like Google Fi and also allow you to choose the network from the phone itself. I have AT&T as part of my Ring Alarm's cellular backup and the signal quality is worse than Verizon even though Verizon isn't that great either in this part of the city.

ATT service with US Mobile is still in early access.
Yes, that's true too and I don't think they should require manual switching and only allow 8 times a month. They should just allow unlimited and choosing whatever works at a given time. It's the only one with the best of all worlds now as one provider might work better at your home compared to where else you may be.

Hopper 3 Software H376

Local station broadcast issue Wed. 7/17 continuing?