Recording to TV2

deadwood

Original poster
Nov 8, 2006
My newly installed Dual Mode DVR setup is set to default to TV2 to record. However it doens't always do this. Is there no way to manually edit which TV it records to after the timer is set up, or before? It's not very convenient having to set up recording on the 2nd TV all the time so I can watch live TV on the 1st.

If it's a 625 in single mode, it will indicate on the front panel it's recording to TV 1. Don't worry about it. It actually recording to TV 2. I hade the same question when I first started using mine. It will indicate in the schedule and on the guide that it is or will be recording to TV2.

It's not though. Sometimes to TV2, sometimes 1. It will say one and it won't let me turn the channel without stoppinh recording.

I am on dual user mode. Where is "swap"?

Deadwood,

If you are using the receiver in Dual Mode then you will NOT be able to use the PIP and swap button of the receiver. Only in Single Mode will you be able to use the PIP and Swap buttons as in dual mode both tuners are seperated for use on each of TWO TV's.

If you want to use the receiver in single mode then you must press the Mode Button on the receiver, remember in Single Mode (if Shared is selected) any TV connected either TV1's output or TV2's output you will watch the same thing. You can switch modes back and forth at any time, but only from the front panel of the receiver.

John

I miss my MOXI box

funny, I recently switch from the Moxi to Dish and am happy with the 622. If you put your 622 in single mode it will behave just like the Moxi. If you set the 622 to Dual mode and connect a second TV to use tuner 2 then it does behave differently than the Moxi/MoxiMate combo.

I still prefer the MOXI, but I guess you get what you pay for. I'll be at about $30 less per month than cable overall. I'm sure I'll get used to it. I just guess had I known of the limitations I would have not hooked up a second TV to the DVR TV.

I still prefer the MOXI, but I guess you get what you pay for. I'll be at about $30 less per month than cable overall. I'm sure I'll get used to it. I just guess had I known of the limitations I would have not hooked up a second TV to the DVR TV.

Exactly what limitations are you referring to that you didn't have before?

On my 622, by default, it starts recording 1 minute early, and keeps recording 3 minutes after the scheduled program. So even though I also have mine set to tv2 default, if I try and record back to back shows, it will still be recording the first show for three minutes, therefore tv2 is unavailable and it goes to tv1. If this is your problem, you can change those defaults in the DVR menu.

Need Advise on connecting 4 receiviers/2dual

625 DVR: Seamless Slo-Mo, Timers List

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)