Record from 622 hard disk to VCR

rbunkley

Original poster
Mar 29, 2007
I have 622 and was wondering if you can record a program you have on your hard disk to a VCR. I called Dish and they said that you couldn't, you could only do that with a pocket dish. I don't think they know what they are talking about half the time so if it can be done will some one please post telling how to do it. I have a new Samsung TV and have everything hooked up via hdmi..
Thanks..
Richard

you could watch the program via the outputs, and have those outputs go to the VCR.

I do the same with a DVD recorder to archive shows to DVD.

For example, I have my 622's in single mode. TV2 goes to the DVD Recorder, and the output from the DVD-Recorder goes to a 2nd input on the TV's.

the DVD-Recorder (or VCR in your case) can record the TV2 output.

I still don't understand. I have three settings I can go to. Hdmi1 is for watching tv through receiver. hdmi2 if for playing a dvd and I believe it's called video is for playing through the vcr. I have a duel player dvr/vcr combo. I had to hook up the vcr portion the old way using the video ports. The rest is hooked up using the hdmi ports.
Thanks...

Just connect your VCR inputs to the RCA composite/audio outputs on the back of the ViP622. All the outputs are active at the same time. You can watch your HDTV via HDMI and record onto the VCR from the RCA outputs at the same time.

The CSR was referring to using the USB port for recording, or "high" speed transfer. You won't be connecting your VCR to the USB port.

O.K. thanks,
Maybe what my problems is that I have my outputs running from my VCR to my outputs on my T.V. Plays tapes fine that way. I will try it the other way and see if I can record..
Thanks again..

O.K. thanks,
Maybe what my problems is that I have my outputs running from my VCR to my outputs on my T.V. Plays tapes fine that way. I will try it the other way and see if I can record..
Thanks again..

The input and output jacks are separate. I would leave the VCR connected to the TV inputs and just run a set of cables from the receiver to the VCR.

HD Locals Rollout schedule?

LNB drift detected?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts