reception Troubles

Status
Please reply by conversation.

loadmaster

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 4, 2009
duluth mn
Benn having good luck with my system until now. Using 95w as a satellite.
We had some major wind a couple of days ago and I lost all signal now when I try to turn in the signal strength, I get 26-30 percent my voice is good, but my picture turns still or I will get partial picture.
Whats is funny about this, is that a very few channels come in with no problem.
Do you think this is just a matter of a finer adjustment or what??

My second question is how do you get in contact or subscribe to niagravision or any of the other scrambled sources. I tried to e-mail them with out any response. Once again thanks

sounds like you just need to fine tune the dish. I know here in Minneapolis after that wind Tuesday night I had to retune the motorized system on Wednesday. I would undo the bolts to change azimuth and move it ever so slightly. The fact you have some quality means you are just barely off the satellite

As for the stuff on 97W that is nagravision you need to go through Globecast for that

www.globecastwtv.com

nagravision:

You will likely have to get whatever receiver the provider supplies, if you're going to subscribe to a Nagravision signal.
Nagravision cards are only authorized in a PARTICULAR receiver, not ever a receiver of your choice.
So, subscription to the Races, GlobeCast, Dish Network, Bell (BEV), or any other Nagravision-secured programming won't happen on your existing FTA box...
(... in North America, to the best of my knowledge.)

So if I get a Niagravision receiver will I also be able to pick up the FTA channels on 95W or only those provided by Niagravision?

So what I understand, you would have to get a receiver for each type of scrambled channel for each company that is doing the scrambling.

Thanks for the help

Which channels do you want on 95? The Racetrack channels can be subscribed to, we looked it up recently. Hundred bucks a month.

Which channels do you want on 95? The Racetrack channels can be subscribed to, we looked it up recently. Hundred bucks a month.
I am looking at following channels using 95W
Asiannet #160
Asianet Plus #161
Asianet News #162
The above channels are blocked by Nagravision
LakornThai #215
This channel is blocked by Indento

I looked thru globalcast web site and could not find any info on signing up for that service.

Did get the dish working again it was off a hair in both directions.
Thanks

Aren't those channels on 97 rather than 95? That might be what I missed here , lol.
Might be another way to sub to Globecast, let me check something.

edit: Here's a link to Globecast Worldtv"
http://www.globecastwtv.com/EN/home_America.php

Just look near the bottom where it says "Promotions" and click on Asianet. They have a package deal for about 150 dollars but I didn't read all the details. There's a monthly fee also for the channel packages......

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mercury 2 remote

Dolby E decoder codec ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)