Receiver price drop soon??

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Iceberg said:
Lease needs AT60 minimum (or Dish Latino or Great Wall...but its a minimum of $25)
Can't quite make out what the above means, but I have my own equipment and will check and see if I can do that. I'd gladly pay $11 a month for my St. Louis locals.

drhydro said:
iceberg, does this mean if i buy a "clean" dn reciever and hook it up to an 18" dish i would be able to get locals for around 11.00 a month?

yep. Well, maybe :)

It depends on what DMA you are in for locals. Some areas require Superdish (30" minimum)

PipeDream said:
Can't quite make out what the above means, but I have my own equipment and will check and see if I can do that. I'd gladly pay $11 a month for my St. Louis locals.

Dish doesn't sell the equipment anymore. They like the DHA plan, which is basically a lease plan. You don't own the equipment. Those plans require AT60 as a minimum

If you own your equipment, you can get St Louis locals for $11
(and since UPN is on the wing, you could get a free dish out of it) :D

In my area I have been about to connect a 18" dish and non-DSS lnb and hit 121W fine. I can see the transponders but it's all scrambled on a FTA receiver. I don't know how the super dish connects all three LNB's up BUT who it's worth a shot if you only need 121W????

Iceberg said:
yep. Well, maybe :)

It depends on what DMA you are in for locals. Some areas require Superdish (30" minimum)

hmmmm ill have to move my 18 inch dish from 119 to 121 and check to see what i get for signal quality. is there a website where i can check the DMA with my zipcode?
Thanks iceberg

Thanks for the website iceberg. I do qualify for those channels, so i guess ill have to figure out wether or not its worth it to watch the local news. Too bad they dont include CBC in the local channel mix, if they did i would be on it in a heartbeat. Oh well.......

drhydro said:
Thanks for the website iceberg. I do qualify for those channels, so i guess ill have to figure out wether or not its worth it to watch the local news. Too bad they dont include CBC in the local channel mix, if they did i would be on it in a heartbeat. Oh well.......

Do youi need a Superdish for them? Which locals?

CBC (as all Canadian channels ) don't qualify for must carry :(

locals i qualify for are abc, cbs, fox, pbs. i could not find where the website told me what size dish i needed : (

drhydro said:
locals i qualify for are abc, cbs, fox, pbs. i could not find where the website told me what size dish i needed : (

when you did the qualification it will say "Congratulations, you qualify for _________". (city in blank).

If its a Superdish area, it will say "Superdish 121"

Pete will love this one :)
1 RALPH ENGELSTAD ARENA DR
GRAND FORKS, ND 58203-

LOCAL NETWORK PACKAGE

Congratulations! This address is eligible for the
Fargo/Valley City, ND (SD 121) Local Network Package

drhydro

I noticed in your other post, you said Upstate Vermont....those locals are on 110 :)
so an 18" will work

Status
Please reply by conversation.

fortec star question, will it control a polarotor?

Speaking of Analog (FTA)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)