Rams Football in Cape Girardeau, MO

doxies42

Original poster
Sep 8, 2010
Missouri
Hey everyone,

Is it just me, or is it impossible to find the Rams games on Dish Network right now? I know they're a terrible team and all, but still, they're local; I'd expect being 120 miles away we'd be able to get them every week. But no such luck...

I've written an email to Dish hoping to get this changed, since I don't see much point in getting the Football packages since all I watch are the Rams games. Maybe if more people complained, they'd do something? Or maybe I just need to switch to cable...

Seeing the Rams games in entirely up to your local providers. Dish will have no control on what gaems your locals channels put on or what ESPN decides to play. Your best bet is to get the Redzone channel or switch to DirecTV.

So Dish has no control over which local channels they provide? I'm currently getting Paducah KY as my local channels, which doesn't really make sense to me, when St. Louis would be a better option for this area. In that case, we probably would see the Rams games (except when they're blacked out, of course). I guess that's what I didn't understand; if they can't give me better access to local channels, then I may have no better option; it's definitely not worth it to me to get a premium football channel when I only watch one game a week:)

I'd hate to switch to cable, though...I much prefer the programming on Dish. But I don't want to miss my one guilty pleasure, either...:mad: Guess I'm stuck.

I'm not sure how all the rules work for local markets but some areas seem to be screwed up. I would get the NFL Redzone channel. You won't see a ton of the game but you will see the important parts.

Now that schedule looks pretty good! But for some reason, it's not showing up on Dish Network's site. Could be they're assuming a blackout this weekend... Man, I hope this turns out right, then we'll be okay, here in the Cape. Otherwise...yuck.

Thanks for that link! And thanks all for the help...

Dish Network & Windstream

New ViP722K DVR menu POLL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)