Quick Netflix question

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
Three plans. Two support simultaneous viewing on 2 devices. The Premium one supports on 4 devices. And has UHD.

Do these have to be on the same LAN? If I’m in WV at our campground, or in MD at my MiL’s, and home is in VA- could I view in any 2 of those 3 locations?

Perusing briefly at Netflix site was unproductive. But I’m in a low signal area and connection comes and goes. Looks like they want an additional $8/month for that. Correct?

It depends on the device. If it is a streaming device, they are all treated as a "TV" and they have to be in your home network. If it is a mobile device, you just need to login every so often.

Depending on your router and home network speed, you can setup a VPN using Wireguard. Then get a travel router and be able to connect to your home network from anywhere.

Reactions: navychop
I have little interest in Netflix. But my 92 yo MiL expressed interest.

But frankly, trying to teach her how to work it - not looking forward to that. She has a nice but dumb HDTV. Havta pick a STB, hook it up, etc.

Cable will have to suffice.

I tried to see what is on Netflix, as in TV shows. Get endless tiles. I gather they don’t carry much non Netflix programming, such as veterinary shows, or Food Network stuff.

I tried to see what is on Netflix, as in TV shows. Get endless tiles. I gather they don’t carry much non Netflix programming, such as veterinary shows, or Food Network stuff.
That is all on Discovery+ or MAX (HBO) or Philo, if you prefer the Live TV/DVR experience.

Reactions: comfortably_numb

Hulu Removes Disney Plus?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 2, Guests: 1)