Question after canceling service

mbstang

Original poster
Dec 1, 2008
SC
I recently switched to Satellite and canceled my cable service with TWC, but, I kept my internet service with them

since they cant disconnect me from the pole as that would prevent me from getting internet service, I am still getting the basic cable channels from them, the locals are even in HD

If I keep it hooked to my TV am I stealing cable now? :eek:

I guess I should call and ask them

Last edited:
I recently switched to Satellite and canceled my cable service with TWC, but, I kept my internet service with them

since they cant disconnect me from the pole as that would prevent me from getting internet service, I am still getting the basic cable channels from them, the locals are even in HD

If I keep it hooked to my TV am I stealing cable now? :eek:

I guess I should call and ask them

If you are worried about stealing service; Add the basic of all basic services to your account and then you can enjoy those channels without worrying about stealing service.

I currently get that service and use my qam tuner in my hdtv to get some local hd channels E* doesn't offer in hd.

If they do not trap your service so you only get internet then its not your fault. I wouldnt call, let them figure it out on their own and it fix it. You can not get in trouble for their lack of quality control.

No the trap (aka frequency filter) allows some channels to seep through that actually double as HSI frequencies specificall channels around 711MHz.. err at least thats the frequency in wisconsin... and that is your download frequency to receive information... your upload or upstream frequency is between 21-50MHz which is your lower cable channels... they can both coincide because one is a digital signal and the other is a analog signal that run parallel on the cable line

I've heard of that happening a lot. It's not stealing if they're giving it to you. I wouldn't call because they might "fix" it then.

Nothing, I took my boxes in and told them I wanted to cancel my service, Its their responsibility to do so, I expect they will install some sort of filter on the line eventually

not watching it anyway

No the trap (aka frequency filter) allows some channels to seep through that actually double as HSI frequencies specificall channels around 711MHz.. err at least thats the frequency in wisconsin... and that is your download frequency to receive information... your upload or upstream frequency is between 21-50MHz which is your lower cable channels... they can both coincide because one is a digital signal and the other is a analog signal that run parallel on the cable line

Incorrect sir you can not share a single channel with digital and analog. An analog signal takes up 6mhz of bandwidth which is an entire channel. Also note your lower cable channels do not run in the 21-50mhz range they typically start at 55mhz which is Ch 2. The sublow band (whch includes the 21-50mhz you speak of) is typically saved for the return path signals (reverse/upstream).

The traps are usally specific, mainly today they are all negative traps (meaning they take away signal) most will take away all the analog channels up to a few channels away from the HSD channel, and they will allow the sublow to get through.

Braves Games

New equipment for Brevard area!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)