Question about the PS3 & the format war

LOBO2999

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 1, 2004
Cumming, GA
Will the sales of the PS3 hardware help BR win or will it be decided by software/ BR or HD dvd movies sales?

Its hard to say. You would think it would help. Even as just a BR player the PS3 is cheaper then a Stand Alone player. However that being said this is sony we are talking about. They have not exactly had a stellar record when it comes to pushing their Consumer electronics formats.

I will say this the other day we were at Target looking at HD-DVDs since we got the 360 hd dvd player. The selection of BR movies was a lot better then HD-DVD.

The first 500,000 PS3s will have Talledega Nights included with them. That'll help jump start BD. But Sony has a way lately of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, so we will see. For the percentage of PS3 owners that will plug into an HD set, it's a simple task to buy or rent a BD movie to try it out. And more studios support BD today. And the computer world is pretty solid behind BD, for it's greater capacity and growth. Large retailers seem to tend toward BD.

The matter won't be settled for another year or 2, maybe more. Possibly both will survive. It ain't over yet, despite what some would have you believe.

Thanks for the replys , I have the 360 HD player as well and see some movies I like to have but they are only on BR

If Sony doesn't at least have a decent supply to the market that is somewhat continuos then it might not make a differance. Ah, my frustration showing over not finding a PS3 yet!

I am patient -- I will get one for $599 -- I just don't know when?:)

Xbox 360 bundle for $100 at Amazon?

Xbox 360 Premium $299 Core $199 , $100 rebate

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)