Question about local channels

Jared941

Original poster
Oct 27, 2010
Arizona
Hello. I am new to satellite tv so please forgive my ignorance. In the beginning of Sept we signed up with dish through a local retailer. We have a mountain house about two hours away that we spend about 10 days a month at. The retailer told us if we purchased a second dish we could take our receivers back and forth between our primary home and the mountain home. The installer came to the primary home and showed me how to set it up since I had to do the mountain home myself. I followed his directions but I am missing all of the local channels. Most of what we watch is on the locals so we would really like to receive them. If we were to start a separate account for the mountain house we would get Phoenix locals (primary house/billing address is Tucson AZ with Tucson locals) If we change the billing/service address to the 2nd home and get the Phoenix locals would our home in Tucson also receive Phoenix locals or would they be turned off here? To make a long story short how can I get local channels (from either city) in both places? Thank you for your help.

Jared

What receivers and type of dish are you trying to use. The Phoenix and Tucson locals spotbeams cover the entire state. Phoenix is on the 110 satellite and Tucson is on the 119 satellite. It sounds like your Dish is not getting 119 if you are subscribed to Tucson locals

Thank you for your reply. We have 2 receivers VIP722K and VIP211K. The vip211k is the one we take back and forth between the 2 homes but the Vip722k isn't in use while we are away. We have the dish 500 at the 2nd home and I believe dish 1000 on the primary. When I installed the dish at the 2nd home I could only get 110. Every time I tried for 119 it was too weak and I would get signal not available. I am in an area with a lot of trees. I don't even get cell phone signal or internet there. Would it be easier to change the Tucson dish to 110 and pick up the Phoenix market and change the service address? If so how would I do that? Thanks again. I am a pretty handy guy I am just new to this whole satellite thing so a point in the right direction would be great.

Do a dish chat online from the Dish website and change your service address to your vacation home and keep your billing address at your primary home and then you should get Phoenix locals off of 110 at both homes then. I would try to find a spot where you can get both 110 and 119 though and then you will be able to get Tucson on both them and most of the available programming. I would have put up a dish 1000 if you have hd at the second home. Most of the national HD comes off of 129.

922 Cost

Murdock VS Ergin?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)