Problems receiving some channels with 811

snpyjc

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 15, 2006
Tamarac, FL
I have two 811 receivers and a 322 in my setup. I sat down to watch the game on NFL Network Thurs night on the 811 in my home office and I get the no sat signal screen and it just sits there, not going through the motions to acquire signal or anything. I tried flipping through the channels and most come in fine, but several give me the same response, I try NFL Network on both TV's hooked up to the 322 and there is no problem, then I try it on my other 811 and it comes in fine there too. I just let it go figuring the receiver was being glitchy, then tonight I sit down to watch the Heat game on Sun and I go through the same thing. Nothing has been changed as far as the hookup of the receiver or the outside wiring from Sats to switch, so why would the receiver just not pick up these channels when two days ago it was working fine? Any help or comments would be appreciated.

Thanks for the response, I should've mentioned that I already ran a check switch to no avail. Any other ideas?

OK, since my last post my 811 has been acting even more strangely. For a few days it was tuning in the channels I was having difficulty with at random, sometimes working, sometimes not, then it worked fine for several days, tuning in everything ok. Today it stopped tuning in anything at all, saying it had no sat connections. I ran checkswitch, unplugged, etc and nothing helped. It is difficult to swap out my two 811's as was suggested, so I switched the cables at the DPP44 and VOILA everything is fine. I then switched the cables back to the way they originally were at the DPP44 and again everything is working. So, do we think it is just a matter of time before the 811 craps out for good? Any ideas, suggestions, input from anyone?

thanks Smith, that's exactly what I was thinking of doing, only problem is won't they want to replace it with a 211 and thereby force me into taking a different programming pack?

Thanks, I was under the impression that they were not sending out 811's at all any more and trying to push people to the metal packages or the new packages that they're rolling out.

I had a similar problem with my DP34 switch and 811/942 combo. Try unplugging all power from the switch for a minute or two (unplug the receivers and power inserter) and then run checkswitches on all your receivers, starting with your "bad" 811. I'd suggest plugging each receiver in one at a time, too.

Too bad you can't swap your 811s to eliminate the cable runs as the culprit.

Thanks for your input Foxbat, I'll give your suggestion a try. If that doesn't work then I'm probably going to bite the bullet and dismantle my living room setup so I can swap the 811's and see what happens, it's not an impossible task, just a highly unpleasant one, lol. Thanks again.

OK, took me several days, but I finally got to try out Foxbat's suggestion. When I powered back up my bad 811 and finished running check switch it was working fine, tuning in all channels. I then plugged back in the other two receivers and got them going and all was fine, but by the time I sat back down to my bad 811 it was back to acting the same old way. I then bit the bullet and swapped out the two 811's and there was no difference, the good one was giving me the same results as the bad one. I then put everything back as it had been originally, and now both 811's are acting the same way, not tuning in some channels, etc., while the 322 is still tuning in all channels. Any other ideas? I'm really thinking that Dish is screwing with the 811's.

Had to add this in, a few days later and after a couple of days of the same old behavior, now all of a sudden everything is working fine. Mind you I haven't touched anything since I put it all back together after my last shuffle, kinda lends some credence to Dish screwing with the 811's somehow.

Going on 3rd 622

Was I Dreaming?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)