problem installing DPP 44 SWITCH.

nycdude

Original poster
Oct 19, 2004
I am trying to install superdish 121.with dpp 44 switch because I want to connect 4 satellites to a 501 receiver(software version p223). 61.5, 110, 119, 121. But the problem is every time I perform a check switch on receiver, only 1 lnb 110 show up. I try to change ports , wires, connectors, receiver, same result. If I hookup 61.5 with a single wire direct to receiver it works fine, But if I hookup with switch it won't show up.
any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

The FSS LNBF (121) should be on input 4 of the DPP44.

Hook a straight feed to each LNBF and see if the 119 and 121 birds are visible, it is very possible that the SuperDish is only locked onto 110.

Also is the power inserter is connected to port 1?

Also there are many threads on this topic...I would recommend using the search function of this website as their are a few threads with allots of advice and install tips.

Jason

thank you for quick reply.
yes, power inserter is on port 1 (connertor that goes in the switch port 1 has about 21 volts)and fss is on port 4.
I didn't try single wire to receiver from each lnb yet.i think thats the only option left.
I am using search button even before I bought this switch and i got all the info about installing the super dish from this site just cannot find any info specific to my problem.
thanks

Do you have the manual? I can provide it if you need it. Just remember that crazy skew angle. ;) First and foremost you do need to verify you have it pointed correctly. SuperDishes are not the easiest self-install systems...but once you master a Super you should be a pro...;)

Let me know how it goes.

Jason

I think first receiver should detect the all lnbs, then I can fix there direction and skew to get signal.
Am I right or not?

SimpleSimon said:
Sorry, no. Do what Jason said - bypass the switch until you know you've got signal.
What Simon Said. ;)

The LNBF doesn't know whether it's a 110 or 119 or 61.5 until such time as it see's the appropriate PID stream from the desired satellite.

Jason

but 61.5 is working without switch but when i hookup through switch reciever don't see it.
I tried dp34 too, receiver see the switch but not the lnbs.
thanks for replies.

Please remember that your 61.5 Dish is a seperate dish from your 121 Superdish, therefore if your SuperDish is not pointed correctly and your seperate 61.5 is than yes you could very well see 61.5 and not 119 and 121...Was your 61.5 already setup before the SuperDish? Was it an old dish given to you or you had lying around...I agree with Simon...If it is a Legacy LNBF on the 61.5 you would snub it as soon as you connected it to the DPP44 switch as it can input DP only....Check your 61.5 LNBF to see if it is a DP (DishPro) model or not...If you have easy access to the Dish you'll see a DP logo on it, if there is no logo it won't function through that switch.

I have to say nycdude that it sounds to me like you have more than one issue happening at the same time...my suggestion is to finish up the SuperDish install and get it working without 61.5...Then figure out what LNBF your 61.5 is using and then worry about it. I would venture a guess from the descriptions given that you need to replace the 61.5 LNBF with a DishPro model.

Now, when your finished and all birds are visable having each directly connected to the receiver, and then you try to use the switch and they go away, make sure that the SuperDish box is checked in menu 6-1-1 Under "Check Switch"..also depending on the receivers your using it may have this check box in two places, on a 301 you will see the checkbox for SuperDish under menu 6-1-1 the Point DISH/Signal menu under Peak Angles and under the Check Switch menu, also on a 301 you will find an "Alternate" check box under "Check Switch" to my understanding this is for DPP compatibility, check it off as well as the SuperDish check box.

Jason

GOT IT WORKING.
First I pointed all the lnbs to right direction, check signal on receiver with direct wire.after getting signals from all 3 lnbs, hooked to switch and baaaaaam it was working perfectly.as of 61.5 just changed to dishpro lnb and thats it. every thing is good to go now.
could not do it without your help guys.

thank you very much all of you.

Morons = Moderators

Pixels on 119 sat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)