PROBLEM: IA5 and other sats- getting IA5 with signal meter-NOTHING

Status
Please reply by conversation.
i pull it to the east, thats i pull the left side- this deforms the dish and it works

but when i simply move the dish to the east/left it does not

i used a level and the mass is not vertical 100%

so im thinking it has to do with that

Remove the dish reflector and retighten the four bolts hand tight only (then half turn with wrench), if they are over tightened they will warp the dish out of shape!

Bottom line is if bending the dish gives you more quality, bend it!

According from his info, the dish looks like bend a bit or all four screw are not tight enough, or some where is loosen,and it may too much tension to the dish as pete described, if just for one satellite (fixed dish), not 100% verticle is not a major problem, did you adjust the LNBF ?? or the LNB arm is way too far or too close to the dish, sometime a little care will get you back to the normal position.

i know my reciver works, i get 110 from the 18"
the lnb on the 33" works too, i got 121 accidently with 60 channels when searching for 97

I know on your first post you said your using a standard lnb but are you by chance using a dishnet or direct tv lnb on your bigger dish?? You were mentioning getting signals off of the dbs birds so that you knew that the lnb was working. If you are then it won't ever work. A dishnet or direct tv lnb are for the circular polarization DBS satellites and you need a linear lnb for IA-5. It's very rare that a linear lnb would get signals off a DBS satellite like 121 and have them scan into the reciever.

If I remember correctly universal LNB's have been known to occasionally pick up a few channels from circular birds. If you search this forum I think you'll find some references to that effect.

im am 99.9 % sure that the lnb is a linear,

http://www.digiwavetechnologies.com/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=22&MMN_position=25:25

Digiwave DGS-03S 0.3db Standard LNB is what it says on the box, that .01% chance is that the universal was put into the linear box.

and thats right, i managed to pick up a signal from 121 or a bird that is almost directly south like 121 and has the DN logo screen

and i think you guys are wrong about 121, i believe it is a linear bird. if you look at lyngsat youll see it is in yellow indicating c/ku band which is linear.

are you saying that the screws that hold the reflector are too tight or too loose?

in terms of the bending picking up signals, i think it might be the same for all birds. thinking back when i got 121 i think the same thing happened when i pulled it from one side warping the shape. went from bouncing signal of 10%-99 to 25-30.

so is it still the tightness/looseness of the screws, or was the dish warped from the beginning?

From what you have said it sounds to me like you do indeed have a standard linear LNB.

If you tighten the dish mounting bolts too much it can warp the dish, or your dish could have been damaged in shipping (if it was shipped that is). If you take the LNB arm off and lay the dish face down on a level surface does it appear twisted or bent?
I would tend to agree with PSB in that if bending the dish gets you better signal quality - then by all means bend it. :)

all right, im glad i didnt give up.

so ive totally re mounted the dish. i used a level and made damn sure this this is level, and its as level as its going to get.

so ive run a few tests and i this is what i get:

I get one tp off of 95, tp 11780 and i the cctv channels

Then i moved the dish and i get tp 11708, the fox feed off 101.

ive marked off on the dish with a felt pen 95 and 101 and inbetween these lines lies 97.

now its just a matter of hitting it.

what tp is the strongest of 97 and 99. i want the strongest tp on 99 too b/c then with lines drawn on the dish right in between those lines is 97

thanks guys!!!!

I FINNALY GOT IT!!!!!

the problem was that my dish SUCKS ASS!!!

i had to use duct tape to bring one courner back. the was not made correctly, it is not round and by brining one corner back it makes it round.

so my dish left side is pulled back by many strands of duct tape making the dish roung and on tp 12177, the highest signal tp, i can get only 60% and on the weakest tp i get 15% and the channels are not good from that tp.

so ya, i finnaly got it after 2 weeks of trying,

WHATS THE LESSON TO BE LEARND

DONT BUY A DIGIWAVE DISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goto wallyworld and buy a small dvd player with adio and vidio input on it and use that with the receiver. i use it all the time i never need any help and by the way if you only need it for say 1-2 days then just bring it back if it's a money thing.. i am sure you can even buy one at radioshack too..
jason

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tilted Pole ( newbie question alert ;)

G10R question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)