Precorded programs freezing!

jerryez

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Pensacola,FL
My 722 freezes during playback of movies for two or three minutes and then begins playback again. This just started with the last software update. Sometimes a popup says Unable to access this data at this time and sometimes it will not fast forward or no other function works during the playback. Is my hard drive going bad. Anyone else having this problem? I unplug it and sometimes this helps, but it is getting worse.

I added a laptop fan to mine, but the ext hard drive would not work sharing the usb port with the fan, so I had to remove the fan.

Called Dish and spoke with a CSR. Explained the freezing problem and the error code and I had rebooted several times. She immediately said "no problem", we will ship you a new 722. I was on the phone less than five minutes. Most pleasant experience I have ever had with Dish. Should receive 722 tomorrow. I can go online later and look up the UPS #.

Dish now sends you a tracking number by email and when I return the old equipment, they will email me and let me know they received it. Wow! What a difference from before.

Solo DVR ViP 612 buy new?

I wonder what would happen if

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)