POLL: which programming pkg do you sub too?

barth2k

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2004
I'm curious what % of people have the vavavoom vs just voom or something less than vavavoom. I want to know if people think voom's worth it w/o the premiums.

Oops, I didn't mean to make the poll public!!! Sorry about that folks. I can't seem to edit the poll though. Sean could you fix that for me? Or delete the poll. Thanks

Voom plus Starz pack. I had HBO during Sopranos season but switched after the finale. I've found that I've watched many more movies on Starz/Encore than I did on HBO -- but HBO does have good series.

VOOM all by itself is worth it to me. Other than SD MSNBC and Comedy Central my viewing is mostly Cinema 10 and HDNews with occasional viewing of MOOV, TNT-HD, and Discovery-HD. Once my locals are mapped I'll watch those more.

I guess it depends on what you want and what you like. I would probably be just as happy with the 25 HDTV channels and locals if the SD channels went away.

This is a good poll. I have the JUST VOOM basic package. I think its worth it for the 50 bucks a mth that they charge. I had TWC for 55 bucks a mth and got far less for my money. I also sub to Directv for the ch's that VOOM doesnt offer. If VOOM could add some of the ch's that my family watches...then I would upgrade to the Va VA Voom package and drop DTV.

After trying free VaVaVoom for 4+ months I downgraded to VOOM+HBO. Was very disappointed with 4x3 upconverts on StarzHD and on some other "premium" channels. Have enough HD programming between VOOM Exclusives and HBO to watch in my spare time. Good deal for $39.90 a month! Might switch from HBO to another Plus pack at some point down the road.

I started with Voom + HBO. Then added PB when it became available. Dropped HBO when Deadwood/Sopranos ended. Netflix is now my premium channel. I do have hopes for the Cinema 9. They seem to be improving. Don't watch SD on Voom b/c have analog cable for FSN, and for some unknown reason my cable PQ is better than Voom's.

The basic Voom package only my HDTV. In addition I have the everything package including the HD's with Dish. If I were to add anything to Voom it would be Starz. I'm paying about $160.00 for all of these services. A little too much money but I'm enjoying retirement.

I have 1 HDTV and 2 analog TV's.

We be VaVaVuMin. But we don't watch the premium movie channels all that much. If they up the price to $109 from $79, we might drop back to VOOM basic. But if they add more channels by then, who knows?

My bill says "Va Va Voom, a $109 value" so I figure they are at least thinking about raising the price.

Oh, and we have no other service - no other dishes and no cable. And we are too far from anywhere to get decent OTA. VaVaVuM is it!

VA VA VOOM.

I also watch HBO and Showtime for the boxing, and series. Cinemax and Starz mainly for movies. Couldn't go any other way. I had the everything pack on twc, so had no problem talking the wife into the vavavoom. Just wish they would add the food network for her. Life would be complete. Plus I noticed that voom doesn't have some of the premium channels that I had on cable. Starz theatre, although annoying when nothing good on, was a decent channel. Also HBO zone showed lots of oz, which I adore. Maybe someday they will add all the premium channels as well as more sd channels.

vurbano --> "Voom is so sports starved"?? You mean all those 15 channels in the 300 series I always skip over? Plus WorldSport and Rush? Hmmm....

And sorry, I hope Voom *does not* add more SD channels. Just more HD. ;)

Someone voted Voom + 2 premiums unless that's like HBO and Playboy wouldn't Va-Va-Voom just make more sense?

VaVaVoom.... I want HD and that's where it's at baby.... I also tried PBHOTHD for a couple of months and decided that's not for me.... I'd like to say I don't care for SD (and I don't), but I find myself watching AMC,TCM for old movies and Hallmark for Perry Mason and this "month for westerns" at 9 p.m., when those channels go HD (as well as others) Voom will be more awesome than they are now....

Fox Sports

ESPNHD is Still Being Broadcast in 1080i

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)