Polarity on Satworks 3618 - 30" dish 90 degrees off

Status
Please reply by conversation.

drhydro

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 19, 2004
Howdy all,
I was playing with my satworks last night and noticed something strange. When i displayed info on The Tube Channel (g10 tp 11720 V) I noticed that the polarity was displayed as horizontal instead of vertical. hmmmmmmmm. so i changed polarity to vertical and promptly lost the signal. double hmmmmmmmm. Reset back to horizontal and quality is back to 51%

What do you all think? Did I set the skew on my LNBF 90 degrees off? That seems WAY off from the ~38 degrees i thought i had it set at.

I dont remember were you were but near the east coast sounded familiar

if you are looking at the dish with the arm sticking towards you, the LNB for your loc should be turned towards the left, so the connector should be where 8 oclock should be

Mine is set at about 5 o'clock due to being in MN

I know that particular transponder has been erratic to say the least lately, I would put the blame at their end until you see it happening elsewhere!

thanks iceberg, psb
I cant visualize exactly how its set up now, guess ill have to climb up on the roof and take a look. I seem to remember the connector being around 8 oclock tho.....but that could be selective memory kicking in lol

drhydro

I'm a tard...got my directions mixed up. If you are on the east coast, it should be near 4 o'clock (not 8)

I was thinking of how mine is set up and my LNB is at about 7 oclock for G10

ok, if thats the case than i am pretty sure i am 90 degrees off. Guess ill have to live with it till i get a chance to climb on the roof sunday.
Thanks folks, another lesson learned in this, my newest of hobbies :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Free C-band system worth the hassle?

Aiming Issue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)