Please help (esp Robert)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bigpro

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 18, 2005
Okay, this is MY scenario. Ready to get directv. I have been pushing rabbit ears on by 50" WEGA for a month waiting for the NFLST promo. These are my questions:
- I have two rooms with TVs that are RARELY watched (i.e., 1-2 times a year). Can I get the D* programming that is being fed to one receiver in another room on these TV's? I.e., I'm not concerned about watching different channels on these TVs, just that something will be on when they're turned on.

- I would like an HDTV receiver. Should I go for the H10 now or wait for the H20? I'll have to sign a 2 year committment with the new promo (DVR free after rebate), and don't want to have to sign a 2 year committment when the H10's are switched out for the H20.

- I'll just be "trying" the DVR since I'll get free DVR service for 4 months with the NFLST promo. Is this a decent receiver to use even if I don't use the DVR features? I mean, the HD receiver will be the most frequently used receiver, and I truly doubt that we're going to continue the DVR service. Or should I just not get the DVR and get basic receivers?

Sorry for the questions, but any help is greatly appreciated.

I dont know about question #2 and #3 but your first question, Yes you can make DirecTV tech mirrow your programming on those two TVs for a ONE TIME charge, then you will have the same programming on those TVs but be aware that you will not be able to change the channels on them or anything, they will display whatever the main receiver in the other room is displaying, Unlesss you get one of those devices than can extend the remote control range to another room.

Again keep in mind that the mirrowed TVs cannot watch channels different to the one that is being watched on the main TV.

The H-10 does not have a coax output. You would need to use the A/V outputs from the H-10 and connect them to an RF modulator. Then you would need to split the RF out from the modulator to your other sets. The H-10 remote is an RF remote allowing you to change the channel without being in the same room. Your other to sets would be slaves to your receiver. In other words all sets will see the same program. The decision of getting the H-10 or waiting for the H-20 would be a personal one. If you want D now, buy the H-10 if you are willing to wait, then order the H-20 from Robert. I don't have a DVR so I can't help you there.

The H-10 is not a DVR it is only a HD receiver,if you want a HD DVR you need to buy the HR10-250 for $599 and then get the $100 rebate. The 4 month "trial" on the DVR is the $5.99 fee that is not charged when you subscribe to Total Choice Premier which you will receive for the 1st 4 Mo. after the 4 Mo. the DVR fee is waived if you keep Total Choice Premier.

I understand all of the above. To clarify, I'm looking at an H10 to buy at $200 as well as the DVR (free after MIR). I just don't know why I should buy the H10 now when in a month (I'm in a top 12 market) I'll have to trade it in and then sign a 2 year agreement on top of the 2 year agreement I need to sign for the DVR (I know they run concurrently, but still....).
Any consensus on if the H20 is interactive? I've heard both yes and no.
If I get the DVR system and wait on the H20, will I have to buy a new dish? Went to Best Buy but those guys are clueless. :confused:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Help with Tax

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)