Pb between satellite receiver and remote control

Loraine

Original poster
Oct 21, 2004
Hi,
I have noticed that it was getting more and more difficult to display the guide or change channels lately. It doesn't seem to be a remote control problem since I am still able to operate my TV, VCR and DVD from the remote control (and I changed the batteries). To activate/desactive the satellite receiver, I basically need to put the remote control 2 inches from it. Can you please help.
Thanks

Welcome Loraine!

Which receiver do you have? Some units are UHF only, and as ajohnson said, the antenna could have come loose or fallen off.

I have a 508 that is sometimes stubborn. It is a UHF remote and I had to extend the antenna a little more.

thanks for your help !
I have a 4000 model and it is UHF. It get a little more complicated though. I noticed yesterday that it doesn't work during the day but I can operate the channels again later at night around 9 pm.

I followed the reset procedure for reprogramming the remote and I had already put new batteries. No success so far.

I would try one more time. Enter sysinfo from your receivers front panel, then hold down the sat button on the remote until all of the mode lights blink, press numeric button " 1 ", then the asterisk " * " button, then the record button. If all the below suggested tips fail then chances are the RF portion of your remote or receiver has as well.

If you have another receiver, like a DP301 or DP311, try using the remote from it to control this receiver. Considering remote address of course.

Jason

superdish

Wow remember this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)