Paramount +

This is the offer. It states "New & former subscribers only." I guess it is not available to current subscribers.

View attachment 173810
Paramount has screwed up billing online. You can't do much to your account until your subscription is ended. With Walmart+ you get it free but there is no way to apply it without the subscription ending for a few hours. I also have had to reapply CC changes and cancel the auto renewal several times.

Jimbo thanks for the tip on calling, will remember that in the future.

So I assume as long as you don't have an active subscription, you would be counted as a former subscriber.

Reactions: Jimbo
Paramount has screwed up billing online. You can't do much to your account until your subscription is ended. With Walmart+ you get it free but there is no way to apply it without the subscription ending for a few hours. I also have had to reapply CC changes and cancel the auto renewal several times.

Jimbo thanks for the tip on calling, will remember that in the future.

So I assume as long as you don't have an active subscription, you would be counted as a former subscriber.
I gave in, got a discount on Peacock to shift that money to Paramount+ for the EFL coverage last weekend, thankfully I initially selected monthly.

After seeing this deal, I logged into my active Paramount+ account and saw the ability to take advantage of the 50% annual deal. I signed up and the ads are now gone, and I'm still paying less than at the monthly rate with ads. I do not know whether this is because I just signed up in the last week.

Reactions: Foxbat and Jimbo
I gave in, got a discount on Peacock to shift that money to Paramount+ for the EFL coverage last weekend, thankfully I initially selected monthly.

After seeing this deal, I logged into my active Paramount+ account and saw the ability to take advantage of the 50% annual deal. I signed up and the ads are now gone, and I'm still paying less than at the monthly rate with ads. I do not know whether this is because I just signed up in the last week.
I should have clarified, they don't mind if you want to give them more money, they will let you do that. Try to downgrade service or stop paying them all together, that's where you run into issues.

I should have clarified, they don't mind if you want to give them more money, they will let you do that. Try to downgrade service or stop paying them all together, that's where you run into issues.
From my experience in this streaming world, I haven't had an issue cancelling any service. Newspapers on the other hand... oi!

Customer Service: I'm sorry, but without a notarized, witnessed, and signed authorization to cancel from one of your state's US Senators, we can't cancel your account.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: Foxbat and Bobby
P+ went dark (as in not at bight) that I noticed today. Went to watch the pre-season NFL game and it looked like it was in a cave. Other apps were fine. Had to go to OTA. Bruce, did you watch tonight? "Weird".

P+ went dark (as in not at bight) that I noticed today. Went to watch the pre-season NFL game and it looked like it was in a cave. Other apps were fine. Had to go to OTA. Bruce, did you watch tonight? "Weird".
No, I do not watch pre-season Football, so no idea what the picture quality was like.

I’m watching Arizona-Denver right now on Paramount+ and the picture looks just fine.

So, it does look a little dim to me, even compared to other live channels on Paramount+. I wouldn't say it is all that bad, but just not quite right.

Also, I still have not been able to get Paramount+ to switch back to my local CBS station since I switched to Google Fiber. No other apps have any problems, but Paramount+ on my Apple TVs are convinced I am in Wichita, KS. This is apparently a known issue, but no one seems interested in fixing it.

I just turned Big Brother on Paramount+ via my Apple TV 4K 4th gen. It looks fine to me.
Compared to the OTA signal from my HD Homerun and Channels DVR, it looks dimmer. It is still watchable, but just looks like someone turned down the dynamic range. 🤷‍♂️

"TV anywhere" app ads

Knicks owner rips NBA for killing RSNs