Paramount +

Lost opportunity cost. You could have used those points to purchase something else. THAT’S what it costs you.

Lost opportunity cost. You could have used those points to purchase something else. THAT’S what it costs you.
Nope, merchandise is a lot more expensive using points, for example a regular ipad was 900 points ( roughly $350 at the store).

Digital Gift Cards are one point=one dollar.

So a $100 Netflix card is one hundred points.

But if a ordered a physical card to be shipped to me, a $100 Card was 300 points.

Reactions: navychop
I also pay yearly and get a 25% veteran’s discount. That amounts to a $30 discount on my ad free with Showtime sub.
I will try that next year, already paid for the year, but I have the half price special, plus paying with gift cards, not complaining.

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeD-C05
Almost there...
Unless Shari ends up going with the Sony bid, which I doubt, then it looks very unlikely that she'll make a deal for the overall company. This new Skydance deal, as well as other potential bidders like Barry Diller, appear to be just for ownership of Shari's National Amusements holding company (which retains all of Paramount's voting shares). That would give Skydance effective control of Paramount but only minority ownership.

This makes it unlikely that we'll see Paramount merged into another studio any time soon (although we could certainly see Skydance sell off some or all of Paramount's TV networks).

A recent article indicates that Skydance's streaming plans for Paramount are to find a joint venture partner with whom they would launch multiple new streaming services. Paramount would contribute all the content they currently offer via Paramount+ and Showtime while the other party -- most likely Comcast and/or WBD -- would contribute the content currently in Peacock and/or Max.

I actually think this is a smart idea, at least if they could get *both* of those studios on board. Pool all their content together and then divide it into themed packages. (Why not sell it all in one big service? Because it would constitute a huge chunk of the existing cable bundle and cost 2-3 times as much as either Netflix or Disney+Hulu.)

IMO, they should divide the content out into three services: general entertainment and news; sports; and premium (high-brow originals + recent theatrical movies from all three studios). I don't know what they should call the first two (Omni and Omni Sports, maybe?) but the name for the third one is a no-brainer: just call it HBO. (Meanwhile, Paramount should sell off Showtime and pocket a few billion dollars to help pay down debt.)

What does this mean for my Paramount subscription?

Nothing, all TV Productions are going to be under CBS Studios, CBS/Shows it sells to other Networks/Paramount+, as it reads in the article you linked-

while current projects and projects in-development at the Paramount TV Studios will be moved under the CBS Studios label.

Paramount+ is expected to turn profitable this year, Skydance has said it will continue, specially since the cable networks are imploding because of the loss of per sub fees / advertising revenue.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Man, CBS snagged the EFL rights (from ESPN+), so Championship and occasional League One fixtures will be Paramount+ or CBS Sports, with crumbs falling to the free to access Golazo Sports channel which can be streamed via the CBS Sports app and PlutoTV. Paramount+ has all the Europa and Champions League coverage, but I still detest how they removed almost all of it from sat/cable. Fox had so much available on TV via FSC, FS1, and FS2, and their awful Foxsoccer.tv app.

Now days, if I want to catch Liverpool in the Champions League, it is Spanish for me. And I have to hope for the best to catch Stoke City or Plymouth Argyle on the Golazo.

Interesting development in my house tonight: my wife watches The Challenge on Paramount+. Well, the new season has started, but it isn't available on Paramount+ in the US for some unexplained reason, and she is not happy, especially as out annual subscription just renewed. It appears to be available in other countries, like Canada though. Why the heck would Paramount decide not to make one of their shows unavailable here? If they think they are going to make us subscribe to cable, just to get MTV to watch this one show, they are sorely mistaken.

Interesting development in my house tonight: my wife watches The Challenge on Paramount+. Well, the new season has started, but it isn't available on Paramount+ in the US for some unexplained reason, and she is not happy, especially as out annual subscription just renewed. It appears to be available in other countries, like Canada though. Why the heck would Paramount decide not to make one of their shows unavailable here? If they think they are going to make us subscribe to cable, just to get MTV to watch this one show, they are sorely mistaken.
Maybe something like Yellowstone where the original series had to appear first on the Paramount channel?

It is the time again for the Paramount+ with Showtime $60 for the year special.

For anyone who is interested-

Reactions: N6BY and ncted

How would I be able to get this deal if I am already signed up? My account runs out February 21, 2025.

I assume only new.

I've re upped ahead of time previously, the easiest way was to just call in ahead of time and asked if they would do the same special I currently have and they said Yes ... I gave them my CC info and it applied when the original sub was up.

The number I called was 888-274-5343

I got it last year, so it may or may not be new subs only.

Reactions: prushing

That's a good deal. I'm interested. I read the offer and it says "Subscribers will be billed annually, and the plan will auto-renew, so it’s essential to be aware of the terms and conditions before signing up."

Would I be able to cancel online, say one week before it auto renews? Or would I have to make a phone call?

That's a good deal. I'm interested. I read the offer and it says "Subscribers will be billed annually, and the plan will auto-renew, so it’s essential to be aware of the terms and conditions before signing up."

Would I be able to cancel online, say one week before it auto renews? Or would I have to make a phone call?
You can cancel online.

You can actually cancel anytime during the year, it will still stop at the end of that promo.

Reactions: N6BY
This is the offer. It states "New & former subscribers only." I guess it is not available to current subscribers.

Screenshot 2024-08-20 at 7.14.25 PM.png

• Love
Reactions: ncted and Yespage

"TV anywhere" app ads

Knicks owner rips NBA for killing RSNs