Owned vs leased receiver replacement costs?

TalonDancer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 13, 2006
Is Dish's receiver replacement fee $15 whether you own or lease your receiver?

Background:
Dish recently replaced our 622 because the HD crashed. The total cost to us was $15. So Dish did good :) I assumed that the fee was only $15 because the receiver was "leased". But since there is no obvious "lease fee" on our most recent statement, we must own the 622.

DVR Service $ 6.00
DishHD Absolute w/Locals $ 29.99
Taxes $ 2.33
Total $ 38.32

So why was Dish willing to replace our 622 for only $15?

Mind you I'm not complaining about our monthly Dish bill or the $15 fee for replacing the 622. I'm just curious.

Talon Dancer

If you did not buy it, you do not own it. There is no lease fee for the first (highest lease fee) or only receiver. The $15.00 is now the standard replacement fee, leased or owned.

The first receiver is part of the service so it is not listed on your billing. That is why you don't see an obvious "lease fee."

If you did not buy it, you do not own it. There is no lease fee for the first (highest lease fee) or only receiver. The $15.00 is now the standard replacement fee, leased or owned.
Thanks for clearing that up!

I always thought the 622 was leased, since we had an initial 2 yr commitment. But I had forgotten that the 1st receiver didn't have a 'lease fee'.

Talon Dancer

Rochester, NY Moving to Eastern Arc

622 TV1 RF Remote

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)