Owens fined 'thousands'

cybok0

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Oct 23, 2006
Sha Ka Ree.
IRVING, Texas -- After seeing the videotape of Terrell Owens' latest touchdown celebration, the NFL office wasn't laughing.

Owens said Wednesday he was fined "a good chunk of money" -- which he later defined as thousands of dollars -- for a celebration that included him using the goal post and football to poke fun at the New England Patriots' spying scandal during Dallas' 37-20 victory over Miami this past Sunday.

A league spokesman said the fine was $7,500.

"It wasn't even the fact I used the goal post as a prop," Owens said. "They said I used the ball."

Beyond being confused about what he can and can't do, Owens is frustrated by the league's policing of end-zone scenes.

"It's kind of hard to understand the rules," he said. "It's like you can't do nothing no more. ... Dude, it's like they're trying to find any way to take fun out of the game. So I'm kind of limited right now as far as what I can do."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3027745

Maybe he should just hand the ball to the ref.:rolleyes:

Maybe he should've done it from the sideline instead of the endzone. :p

Chad Johnson did one on the side lines a week or so ago and the camera's were sure to follow him.

I hate all the celebration, anything outside of the normal that is.
These correographed skit are garbage.

The team should be penalized 15 yards for Delay of the Game assessed AFTER the kick off.

Therefore you would give up the ability to score on your kickoff return.

Maybe that would fix it.

In the preseason they were calling Delay of Game for celebrations, then they quite apperantly once the season started.

What do the Classy guys do ???

Barry Sanders simply handed the ball to the official,
Barry's response, I was only doing what they pay me for, scoring, just doing what he's paid for.

Jimbo

I love the celebrations for the most part. I remember the Redskins doing the group jump high 5 and I hated when they took that away.

oregon vs stanford

DirecTV Sports Thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)