Our Contract end again

tcpuccio1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 4, 2007
Lancaster, NY
Well I'm about 1 month out from the end of our current contract with dish.
Has anyone had to called into Dish this past week since this Merger has been pending or gone through curious if it's business as usual or something different. The past 2 times I have re/upped our contract they have only let me do a 1-year deal. Before that it was always a 2 year deal. I'd gladly take a 2 year deal to lock in a rate. the news release about the merger was all fluff that it would be better for both companies. To me it seems like a Monopoly to drive the price up so that being said ride it out month to month and pay the increase? Our bill just went up $5.00 a month this month over last month.
anyone have the best phone # to call I have been waiting till Black Friday weekend to usually redo my contract with them. They say they have "better" deals when i call then? Who knows!
I currently have 1 hopper and 4 wired joey's last year they offered me to cut down on the # of receivers and stream on the Tv's to save money didn't seem like a savings seemed like a downgrade in the winter we can have 3 or 4 of the receivers going at one time in the summer not so much maybe 1 at a time..

interesting were on direct and they gave us a two year deal no contract since were using the same boxes!!! it will be interesting to see what happens once it runs out. we are not interested in refinancing the house to watch the idiots lantern every month!!! have you thought of switching i'm sure direct would give you a better rate.. they more than likely won't merge till 2025!!!

Reactions: charlesrshell
interesting were on direct and they gave us a two year deal no contract since were using the same boxes!!! it will be interesting to see what happens once it runs out. we are not interested in refinancing the house to watch the idiots lantern every month!!! have you thought of switching i'm sure direct would give you a better rate.. they more than likely won't merge till 2025!!
We Had DirecTV for over a decade and the rates went through the roof they would not give us any deals or extended contracts had the same # of receivers as well. when we built out house in 2000 we originally had Dish and then they dumped MSG network. (NY sports network) so we lost hockey programming were in Buffalo NT Yah I know the Sabres they once was good and will be once again maybe. LOL! MSG also has daily Buffalo Programming so that is a down fall. so we switched to Direct and live was good till the rates went through the roof! I think we have had dish now since maybe 2018 or 19 the programming fits our needs minus (MSG) which will now be called Gotham I have an alternative to watch that now ;) regardless were happy with the programming and the signal is much better with Dish than DirecTV ever was had great signal strength but when bad weather rolls in We would lose signal 10 minutes before the storm hits not it's right over head and we lose the signal. LOL! just looking for what people are getting/doing. I'd switch back to DirecTV if the deal was right. but have 100"s of TV shows saved on DVD for all of us in the family that would be lost :( 4 of us live here 2 kids and wife. kids and wife had more DVR stuff then I do. :(

We Had DirecTV for over a decade and the rates went through the roof they would not give us any deals or extended contracts had the same # of receivers as well. when we built out house in 2000 we originally had Dish and then they dumped MSG network. (NY sports network) so we lost hockey programming were in Buffalo NT Yah I know the Sabres they once was good and will be once again maybe. LOL! MSG also has daily Buffalo Programming so that is a down fall. so we switched to Direct and live was good till the rates went through the roof! I think we have had dish now since maybe 2018 or 19 the programming fits our needs minus (MSG) which will now be called Gotham I have an alternative to watch that now ;) regardless were happy with the programming and the signal is much better with Dish than DirecTV ever was had great signal strength but when bad weather rolls in We would lose signal 10 minutes before the storm hits not it's right over head and we lose the signal. LOL! just looking for what people are getting/doing. I'd switch back to DirecTV if the deal was right. but have 100"s of TV shows saved on DVD for all of us in the family that would be lost :( 4 of us live here 2 kids and wife. kids and wife had more DVR stuff then I do. :(
Keep in mind that the satellite that is providing your program is not directly overhead to your home unless you live on the equator. It is in the southern sky. So, If the cloud cover is thick and south of you, you can lose signal.

Hopper 3 - Viewing Recordings With Same Name

High audio levels - Sacramento locals

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 5, Members: 2, Guests: 3)