Original Voom Subscriber Needs Help

legaleagle

Original poster
Aug 30, 2006
I was one of the original VOOM subscribers (for about a month before they announced the end) I have been using my set top box for local broadcasting successfully and Charter Cable has been providing some HD and other SD content. But I am wanting more. The original VOOM dish (I believe aimed to the SouthEast) is still mounted on my roof. Can this dish be used to receive DishNetwork programming ie the VOOM content?

Contact DISH, they will install a new dish free! As a past VOOMER too, why are you waiting to get 30 HD channels from DISH? VOOM channels are even better now. You will love them

legaleagle said:
Can this dish be used to receive DishNetwork programming ie the VOOM content?
Yes it can. I went through the same thing. They left that dish in place for 61.5 and added another one for 119/110. You cant have only that one dish though.

Yup me too. They came out, replaced my 61.5 with another dish and then added a dish and the 622 so I can get the mpeg-4 stuff (32 HD channels at last count not inlucing OTA HD channels)Try it.....you'll like it.

VegasVoomer said:
Yes it can. I went through the same thing. They left that dish in place for 61.5 and added another one for 119/110. You cant have only that one dish though.

You may be able to go with only one dish as I did. Had the DISH 1000 installed here in the Mid-West to receive all the HD. I had the 61.5 dish removed but used that location (was just higher up on the roof and not as close to the OTA antenna) to install the new 1000, and kept the old VOOM OTA antenna. Since I also have D* wanted to lower my dish count from three to two plus the OTA. With the VIP DVR 622 no issues with receiving 129 here, but the more West you go there could be an issue with 129 reception. Why the concern with one or two dishes (plus OTA antenna?) if the present location can be used? What location and State are we talking about here?

Last edited:
Actually I meant you cant have only one dish (the Voom dish) pointing at 61.5 and get buy with it. Yes you can have one triple sat dish pointing to 129 but since I already had the Voom dish at 61.5 it was just easier to leave it there. I dont think 129 would work too well in Vegas. I do need to tweek that Voom dish since my signal is in the low 50-40 range. It's 30feet off the ground on the side of the house and a hassle to get too. BTW, that Voom OTA antenna is coming down too. I got a $15 rabbit ears from Home Depot that works alot better.

VegasVoomer said:
Actually I meant you cant have only one dish (the Voom dish) pointing at 61.5 and get buy with it. Yes you can have one triple sat dish pointing to 129 but since I already had the Voom dish at 61.5 it was just easier to leave it there. I don't think 129 would work too well in Vegas. I do need to tweak that Voom dish since my signal is in the low 50-40 range. It's 30feet off the ground on the side of the house and a hassle to get too. BTW, that Voom OTA antenna is coming down too. I got a $15 rabbit ears from Home Depot that works alot better.

Strange that you are removing that free OTA VOOM antenna and replacing with rabbit ears, (I even re-painted mine) I did just the opposite! Did have to install a power splitter from Home Depot to get my D* OTA working again when I removed the dish that was close to it. Somehow it must have increased the signal strength to it? Anyway very pleased with both D* & E* OTA reception at this location near Indianapolis using it, but again every location can be totally different.

There were 2 main locals I could'nt get with that antenna. My choice was put it on a rotator or use rabbit ears. I decided to try the cheapest way first. It' working fine although sometime I still have to get up and walk clear over to the TV, a whole 6 feet, and adjust the knob on the rabbit ears to lock onto certain channels.:D

ClubDISH card code please?

HD Install Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts