Open service call prevents activation of a new receiver

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
I have a tech coming tomorrow to install a 211K. Unrelated to that my 722 died and DISH shipped me a replacement. Upon installing the replacement and going through the check dish screens I was told that I cannot activate the new receiver because I have a service call scheduled for tomorrow. The CSR did try but was unable to do it.

HAs anyone else encounterd this? Is there any workaround?

What do you mean I "may try one of the reps here?"

Does seem odd that a work order impacting one receiver affects an unrelated matter but what looks like I have no choice.

I have run into customers in your situation many times that have been put off because of a "lost" work order because a csr had worked a "miracle".
As far as dish reps, yes we now have dish reps here that hang out in the dish forums. try matt, mary or stephen, I think there are a couple others that can try through PM's.

I just think that a system that prevents activation of one receiver because of a problem with another is flawed. But again I don't see that I have many options.

I may have a work around for this, without canceling the work order. Can you PM your account number as well as receiver I.D. and smart card I.D.?

Last edited by a moderator:
I want you all to know that Dan got me activated----and even notified me that it had happened and that I should still expect my install appointment tomorrow!

I know that many have complained about service from dish and some installers (and I have done it myself) so let me say that in this case they did a great job!

I want you all to know that Dan got me activated----and even notified me that it had happened and that I should still expect my install appointment tomorrow!

I know that many have complained about service from dish and some installers (and I have done it myself) so let me say that in this case they did a great job!
:up Good to hear. :clapWay to go Dan!:clap

Thank you guys for having us! We enjoy helping you guys in general, especially when you throw us a challenge!

Of course now I have a problem with the installer---he said he did not know there would be snow on the roof. Given the snowstorm we just had that is odd. But I was moved to a late day appointment because of it.

I admit I was skeptical about it when I first saw them here but tgis is just one sign that it is working out well for all.

Of course now I have a problem with the installer---he said he did not know there would be snow on the roof. Given the snowstorm we just had that is odd. But I was moved to a late day appointment because of it.

That's not a problem with the installer, Chief, it's a problem with the weather. I know I sure as hell am not getting on a roof in those conditions. If I did and my manager found out, I'd be at the very least taking a nice, unpaid vacation. This installer was doing exactly as he was supposed to.

New install

Looking for a Hard Drive for 722 VIP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)