Old P4 Cards

Status
Please reply by conversation.

MRTRIPOD

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 24, 2005
Birmingham, Alabama
I just bought 3 new R10's that came with their own p5 card.

Am I allowed to sell my old P4 cards that I no longer have a use for?

I just bought a used receiver from ebay. It have a card with it that had been subscribed to by someone already and D* would not activate it and sent me a new card. I had to pay $20.00 for the card they sent me. :(

if you read carefully on the back doesn't it say it remains the property of D* and/or NDS? and the poster said he bought one from D*; if he would have given them a bit of a hard time they would have credited that to his account once he activated it too. thus FREE.

The cards are property of DirecTV. When they send you a card they do not release the "title" to the card to you, and under the terms of every agreement (subscriber agreement, etc) they can demand them back or charge you for them. Besides, DirecTV will not reactivate them so any other use would probably be for hacking, and IIRC the only working hacks out there are "duplicating" a working card, which only works for about a month or so and then ZAP the card is useless.

i believe even if you can sell the cards, if there ex subs they cant be used unless your selling old p4 cards with the original boxes. bottomline those p4 cards wont work without orignal boxes as well

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Triple LNB, 4 outputs, how to run more than 4 Receivers?

D* DVR Setup Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)