OKC Locals In HD

Poke

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
OK
The Oklahoma City Locals in HD might go live soon like sometime next week again this "might"" happen not for sure if it will. This is just what I heard but I wanted my friends here at SatelliteGuys to know 1st. Again this could happen or it might not but either way I think there is a good chance. For now we will half to wait and see what kind of uplink activity we have next Wensday. :)

Last edited:
All 4 of them? I remember reading Cox and D* were having problems coming to an agreement with all 4 of the local stations. I figured Dish would have the same problems negotiating with them. This is definitely good news.

I think all four of them but not for sure though so we will have to wait and see if they get turned on next week.

Last edited:
I'm normally not a stickler on grammar and spelling Poke, but since you use the word so often in your posts, I thought I'd throw this out there: it's "have" and not "half", as in, "We'll have to wait and see next week".

Yes it has been fixed I don't always check things when I get in a hurry. :)

OKC is now HD on channels 5 and 25 (ABC & Fox) as of 5/23.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys!

And yes, we posted on the uplink thread around lunch time when the 2 channels were released. The OKC folks have been glued to the uplink reports ever since the 4 HD channels were uplinked a few weeks ago.

Noticed on Dish Channel Chart that KFOR and KWTV are in red and have "Retransmission Consent" next to them. I'm guessing this means that E* and the stations are still in negotiations, correct? Lets hope we get these soon as well. Very glad to finally have KOCO and KOKH in HD though!

Noticed on Dish Channel Chart that KFOR and KWTV are in red and have "Retransmission Consent" next to them. I'm guessing this means that E* and the stations are still in negotiations, correct? Lets hope we get these soon as well. Very glad to finally have KOCO and KOKH in HD though!
When D* launched OKC digital locals last month, they started with KOCO-DT and KOKH-DT. A week or two later they added KWTV-DT. KFOR-DT still isn't up on D*. E* will probably go through the same process.

Yeah thats is what I heard as well so we will see what happens next week or so.

Any update on the OK city HD channels.

Are you still only getting two of them?

As much as stations complained about having to spend the $$ to upgrade to digital and put in new transmitters/towers, they sure seem to view the carrying rights of these channels as something to be bargained with.

They probably want Dish to carry some subchannel, or pay them more $$.

hd211 off air tuner

Remote Control Question...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts