No UHF Locals In Scan

fredbon

Original poster
Nov 29, 2011
Southwest
I recently setup the 211K receiver in our motor home to receive local channels OTA through the receiver. The scans find the VHF channels, however none of the UHF channels. Power boost in "on" and I have rotated the "Bat Wing" antenna several degrees in each direction. I am using Antennapoint.com for azimuth. What am I missing?

Fred

I think I have one of those bat wing antennas too, but it's externally amplified and works fine for both VHF and UHF. Do you have one of those UHF/VHF combiners in the circuit somewhere?

The Winnegard Sensar IV is an amplified VHF/UHF antenna. I don't believe it has any external components, with the exception of the 12V power supply.

Fred

By VHF do you mean the channels from 13 down or do you mean the actual channel the signal is transmitted on. In most cases, the actual channel the digital signal is sent is in the UHF range. Where are you located?

I don't recall how to get there, but you need to find the screen that allows you to switch from "cable" to "off air". That is your problem.

Looking at your link, 6 and 10 are the only 2 that are transmitted on VHF. All the others are UHF. The column labeled RF is the channel that the signal is transmitted on. The Virtual channel is the channel that you tune to on your TV. So it lo9oks like your antenna is a UHF only.

Looking at your link, 6 and 10 are the only 2 that are transmitted on VHF. All the others are UHF. The column labeled RF is the channel that the signal is transmitted on. The Virtual channel is the channel that you tune to on your TV. So it lo9oks like your antenna is a UHF only.

No, he is viewing VHF channels. The actual RF for both of the channels he is receiving are 9 and 10 which are virtual 6 and 10....

His antenna is VHF-UHF: http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/winegard-wingman/44021

Yes, he's only getting VHF channels which he only will if his tuning option is set to cable, not off-air.

I can confirm 6 & 10 went back to VHF after the conversion to digital. All the other network stations are in the UHF spectrum.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

KAB is right, I recall another thread a while back with the same issue.

It is the cable/off air selection that will make the difference.

KAB is right, I recall another thread a while back with the same issue.

It is the cable/off air selection that will make the difference.

I don't think the VIP211 OTA module can be set to recognize cable channels. I can't find any such setting on mine anyway.

It's an odd ball located setting. IT'S THERE!

Two years with Hopper has made me forget how to navigate to it.

Under set up menu see if you have HDTV set up. If so look for analog type and see if there is a setting for off air.

Yep. It's there. Who would have thought to look there since the HDTV setup has nothing to do with the OTA module. Thanks for showing that.

siriusxm y2kountry will be going on channel 57 do you think dish

VP 722 hard drive failure

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts