No signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hemi50

Original poster
Feb 6, 2006
Hi everyone. I am new to the satellite game and need some help! I am installing a new 3 lnb dish and am getting no signal. My signal meter looks something like this:

1-8: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
9-18: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
19-24: 0 0 0 0 0 94 94 95
25-32: 0 97 98 95 0 95 28 96

I know I am doing something wrong, which is why I came to this site. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Along with the above question, since you are upgrading to the PhaseIII dish, what is your overall setup? Any multi-switches in the line? Anything else details wise?

Thanks everyone! I was checking the 101 sat. I have the PhaseIII dish with a R15 DVR. No multiswitches.

hemi50 said:
Thanks everyone! I was checking the 101 sat. I have the PhaseIII dish with a R15 DVR. No multiswitches.

If you were aiming for the 101 and got those transponders you listed in the first post, you are off (you're hitting the 119), you must move the dish towards the 101 more (I am not sure which direction though, someone else can tell you that for sure). At least that's what it sounds like to me.

Mast still 100% level & plumb? Do you have a heading compass? What is your location (zip) and what azimuth are you aiming at? It will NOT be the same azimuth as the one as before with the standard dish.

Last edited:
damaged
I appreciate the help. I have been using one of those satellite finders for this dish. With the old round dish I had no problems.

I rechecked the mast this afternoon and is still level. The azimuth is 214, elevation 43, tilt 64.

I just went out and moved the dish a little to the left and got lucky. Everything is coming in strong now. I realize my mistake now that I think about it. Thanks to everyone who replied. You were all a big help! Thanks again!

Tate
I'm in West Tenn north of Jackson in the big town of Rutherford. I see you're located in Tupelo, not that far away.

I was through that way last week. I went overnight to Martin and Union City. I drove up 45 to Union City which went right beside Rutherford. I figured Martin would be bigger considering it is the home of UT.

The HOME of UT is Knoxville in East TN.

They have off-campus locations in Martin, Memphis - Health Science Center, Chattanooga and "Woods Reservoir" the UT Space Institute

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DVR HD Does it require a Phone Line?

D* Tucson Locals Down

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts