NFL Sunday Ticket Changes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

LonghornXP

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
These changes might have been said before now by many other forums (AVSForum has said it for sure) so I'm just adding more information on this from information my contacts have said.

As of this season all NFL Sunday Ticket renewel customers aren't required to keep D* programming to get access to the NFL Sunday Ticket Package. Now if you want access to NFL Sunday Ticket in more than one room (only applies if you only get NFL Sunday Ticket without any other programming from D*) you must either pay for another NFL Sunday Ticket subscription or you can order any D* total choice package so your subscription can be mirrored to your other boxes.

If your a new NFL Sunday Ticket customer this year you must have any total choice package on your account during the football season but after your first NFL season if you renew your subscription to NFL Sunday Ticket for the next season you won't be required to keep D* for other programming.

Also keep in mind that without a D* subsription you can't use a DTivo even for NFL Sunday Ticket viewing nor will an HD Tivo work this way either. Without DVR service active on the account nothing will tune in and right now you must have a total choice package to add DVR service on your account. When the new MPEG4 based NDS DVRs come around you won't have to pay a DVR service fee and as such you can use these new DVRs for recording and playback of just NFL Sunday Ticket games as long as your NFL Sunday Ticket is tied to that specific box.

I hope I said this well enough but any questions I'll be glad to answer.

This would be a viable option if I weren't addicted to TiVo. Timeshifting is like a drug!!! It is good to know though, this should be an ala carte service. Heck, I wish all programming was ala carte. That would help D* in deciding what to keep and what to cut and probably increase revenues, however, I realize this is not the reality of television yet.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

signal cutting out on transponder 2

Jumping back to digital cable