Newbie Sat question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tarazan

Original poster
Jan 31, 2007
Hi guys,

simple questions, first if i have a motorized satellite dish, would it be able to move 360 degrees ? second, would i be able to receive each and every FTA channel in the world if it can do this ? is it true that some satellites cannot be received in certain areas in the world, for example im living in greece then what are my limits ? Bottom line, I need to get as much as FTA channels as i possibly can.

Thanks,

This will be moved soon to FTA, and then you can get answers.

My motor (SG-2100) only moves 140 degrees (70 degrees on each side of your true south satellite. Depending on your location and line of site, you can view the birds that are visable to your locale. If in North America you would see those satellites only. I see you are in Greece, so you would not be able to see the North American sats. Good luck! I bet you will be able to view some pretty good programs from your location!

Most motor will moves 140 degree, and most the time, you will only able to catch the satellites that within in a 100 degree range with declination angle on each satellite location, depending where is your location and you will catch more or less satellites from your location. Therefor, a 360 degree motor is not necessary.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Newbie looking for PC vs Receiver advice

Find your latitude and longitude at Google Earth

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)