Newbie...can You Get Hd Sports Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

thenewkid24

Original poster
Oct 28, 2006
Just getting up to date and might switch from cable to FTA .......was wondering if you get ESPN and HD espn or other hd channels with FTA.....if anyone can help that would be great ..........What satellite feed do you need??....thanks ......:)

Last edited:
See the what can I get with an 18" dish faq:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=34131

The Dish Home has 6 itty bitty channels in one screen. You use the audio button to select which to listen to. Usually, that channel has CNN, Fox News, and on occassion, ESPN, along with several others. That's about the closest you'll get. You need a circular lnb to get it, or a combo like the invacom quad that does linear and circular.

It sure ain't hd... it's not even 1/4 of a normal screen, but it's something, and something's more than nothing.

The other thing like this that you might get are wildfeeds that have sports on them... these are really wild... and easy to miss since they could show up anytime at any place for any unannounced amount of time, and dissappear just as quick as the showed up.

Last edited:
was wondering if you get ESPN and HD espn or other hd channels with FTA.....if anyone can help that would be great ..........
No as far as the channels go, but I can get the uplink feeds of some games. A lot of the games are done in 4:2:2 (some type of color coding), and you would need something to decode it. Most people use a computer card or a computer plug-in receiver to get this done and also for the HD. Most STB (set top box) receivers won't do 4:2:2 or HD. There is one STB receiver available in the States that will do both of these, it's the Quali-tv QS 1080IR receiver. And it's pricey, $700+.
What satellite feed do you need??....thanks ......:)
They are found all over, and a lot are found on C-band, and a lot are found in analog. For C-band you would need a C-band dish (at least 8'). For analog you would need an analog receiver.
Hope this helps?

Al

there is now another the Integra IT912S , which only a small amount was produced ( so no more avail from the 2 places that were selling them , have to watch Ebay now), and the remote did not work properly,,however i did find a review out on the net about his box from a PETE, wonderif it was our PETE???but i cold find that it did MPEG2 HD, i did not read anything about MPEG4 HD,,but it did have AC3 audio and DVI out.. so there ya go,, it sold for about 700$ aswell, even with the faulty remote situation

there is now another the Integra IT912S , which only a small amount was produced ( so no more avail from the 2 places that were selling them , have to watch Ebay now), and the remote did not work properly,,however i did find a review out on the net about his box from a PETE, wonderif it was our PETE???but i cold find that it did MPEG2 HD, i did not read anything about MPEG4 HD,,but it did have AC3 audio and DVI out.. so there ya go,, it sold for about 700$ aswell, even with the faulty remote situation
Those have been "Extinct" for over 2 years now. I searched and searched and searched, and never could find one. I finally gave up and got the QS 1080IR, even though the reviews admitted it was flacky at best. I've had it for about a year and a half now, couldn't imagine being without it. I'd still like to find (and get) an Integra.

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Need some help....

True South and motor

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)