new vip 922 not showing up on line so checked connection and have all but server???

lt1z350

Original poster
Mar 6, 2011
florida
I can see my 722k in the bedroom on line but not getting the new 922 in the living room so went into broadband and it says dchp ok server failed and internet ok so reset connections and nothing changed so why is it not seeing a server connection and is this on my end or something on dishes end since it is seeing the internet and router I guess. Need my nascar when not home today so need help.....

You didn't say how NEW your NEW 922 is, but normally any new 922 does not work correctly for 24 - 48 hours after install.

I have noticed lately that the green broadband icon has not been displaying in the banner but when I use the DISH Remote Access app I can connect to it fine from anywhere.

BTW :welcome to SatelliteGuys.US!

Scott Greczkowski said:
You didn't say how NEW your NEW 922 is, but normally any new 922 does not work correctly for 24 - 48 hours after install.

I have noticed lately that the green broadband icon has not been displaying in the banner but when I use the DISH Remote Access app I can connect to it fine from anywhere.

BTW :welcome to SatelliteGuys.US!

The only time I see the broadband icon on mine is when I first turn on the 922.

I got it installed yesterday he left at 4 pm eastern time and now it is almost 3 pm here today and still cannot get it on the computer or iphone but I can see my other 722 but cannot watch anything from it I guess because the sling isnt sending the info to me???

also has a yellow color and ! is over broadband when it pops up in right hand side of screen when changing channels.

I guess this site doesnt have anyone that knows well much of anything as not getting any responses on this issue. time to find a new site I see.

Well first off there are people that know. You need to check the sling firmware version (which can be found in sysinfo *menu menu*) and make sure it is not all zeros. If it is reset box and see if it changed. If not make sure you don't have timers firing on second tuner and walk away from it in standby for two hours. If it has it updated (which it may considering you said it had a yellow color on the icon) it may either be the speed of your internet connection or since server is not found in BB setup then your router is not getting the info through properly. General rule of thumb is green is good yellow is yucky speed, or not full connection to internet, gray dot in dra is no connection

Dish America Silver or Gold

FX on Welcome Package

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts