New User Help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lauty1981

Original poster
Aug 25, 2005
I have had D* for the past two months and have a question and a problem to run by you guys. First the problem, whenever i wacht D* on my HDMI input the screen will randomly flicker every once in a while. Do you guys know what is causing this.
Secondly, how would I go about getting HD for the local stations. I live in the Boston area, I don't know if that makes a difference. I really would prefer not getting an OAA, is there any other way to go about. DO the clips that you put on the dish work? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Chris

can someone explain to me the waiver thing I keep reading about in past posts? Would I be eligible for that and what does it do exactly?

lauty1981 said:
I have had D* for the past two months and have a question and a problem to run by you guys. First the problem, whenever i wacht D* on my HDMI input the screen will randomly flicker every once in a while. Do you guys know what is causing this.
Secondly, how would I go about getting HD for the local stations. I live in the Boston area, I don't know if that makes a difference. I really would prefer not getting an OAA, is there any other way to go about. DO the clips that you put on the dish work? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Chris

What model receiver do you have?

I'm pretty sure its the H-10. I'm at work so I can't verify it right now, but I believe thats the one they brought. I got it the end of april and its not the one with dvr.

The H10 is known to have the flicker issue. It was supposed to be improved with a software update a few weeks ago.
As far as using an OTA antenna, you may try a small indoor unit and see how it works. If you haven't already, go to www.antennaweb.org and put in your address, then select digital channels only. It will give you an idea of what type of antenna is needed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Exclusive First Look: The New DIRECTV DVR

dtv signal in canada

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)