New TV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

brianthill

Original poster
Jun 14, 2004
Hello all.....

This is going to sound like a dumb question, but I am new to this, so here goes.

I have Directv service that I am using on 2 recievers. I just purchased a new TV and reciever and need to get it hooked up. Do I need to run a new line from my dish, or can I split a feed that is already coming into the house from the dish? I have one of the new dishes with the 3 lmb's that allows you to get locals.

Thanks!

You CANNOT SPLIT THE SIGNAL!!!!! A new line must be run from the built in Multiswitch to the new receiver TV location.

Multi-Switch

Where is the built in mult-switch? Is that located on the dish itself?

If you are using a dual lnb you will either need to buy a switch or upgrade to a triple lnb which most have a switch built in,you can get a triple lnb oval dish from Best Buy or Circuit City for 99.00 with 4 outlets on the lnb and have a new dish ready for HD to boot

branchbouncer

I have a triple lnb now. I just need to get some cable and run from an open spot on the lnb and into my house?

B

It would be a GOOD (its the law) idea to ground the cable before it enters your home, or............... at the VERY least put a satellite/cable type surge protector in line before the sat/in cable enters your receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Directv and RG-59

installed phase 3 now a lower signal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)