Hwyman

Original poster
Sep 10, 2005
Hello Ladies and Gents.

I am curious as to weather there is a place to get replacement parts for my 6000. I had bought the system used. apparently buddy who had it before me was inept when it came to electronics. Alas he cracked the power supply board. I tried to resolder the points back but I guess he ended up shorting out a cap and that thing lit up like the Canada Day.

Anyways. I would like to know where to be able to get a replacement power supply for this thing. If i cant i guess I'm going to have to find someone to make a new board for it, and replace all the parts myself.... Too much work :)

First,

Tell buddy not to press so hard on the mainboard when trying to extract the "keys". :rolleyes:

Second, Just buy a 6100 as you will likely pay as much to fix the 6000 as you will for a newer unit.

Kryspy

Yah well I dont know what buddy was doing. But I paid 50 bucks for it cause of the busted power supply. I'm just looking for a place to buy a replacement.

I doubt you will be able to find a drop in power supply, unless you can get your hands on another 6000 that has a cooked tuner or something, but good power supply.

You can always rig some power supply up too.. thats what I did with my FTA receiver ;)

Star Choice Questions

starchoice HD irds and OTA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)