New Member Question....Need Help

Lineman735

Original poster
May 12, 2013
Canada
Hi there, brand new to the forum and I have a question right away. It's regarding my Bell Satellite receiver...I know this is the Dish discussion forum but I wasn't sure where to ask this. Anyway, I've always had one of my brother's recieivers..a 6131. We have all the channel packages installed so it works out great. But just this past weekend I ordered my own set-up, complete with a new PVR. My package though, does not include all the channels I have with my brother's receiver. here lies my problem, when I go to use the brother's receiver, I only get the channels that are subscribed with my new PVR. I know the tech changed out the LNB's on the dish outside, I'm assuming that this is where the problem is. Anyone have a solution to this? No phone lines are plugged in and each receiver has their own seperate cable coming from the dual lnb's. I'm hoping someone can help me. Thanks for your time.

Thanks, my brother has his own account with the full channel package, he is usually away at work so I've been using his receiver at my house. I have the dish still mounted outside because I used to have my own account up until last year, but since he is going to be around for the next while I decided to buy my own new setup. So yes there is two accounts. I just find it strange that my brothers receiver will only pick up the avaiable channels that come with my new package. Looks like I might have to mount another dish outside to feed my brother's receiver

Sounds like your Brothers Receiver is now on your account to me.

What you are doing, by using your Brothers receiver at a location other than the billing address is against the Bell Customer Service Agreement and can result in his account being terminated if Bell ever find out.

Bell Reception in the US

Shaw Direct - Losing Anik F1 @ 107 on evenings

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)