New install and existing pole mount

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jack Rabbit

Original poster
Sep 7, 2010
CO
I am having Directv put in in a few weeks and have an existing pole mount that is in good shape. Will the installers still charge me extra for the install?

I am having Directv put in in a few weeks and have an existing pole mount that is in good shape. Will the installers still charge me extra for the install?

Maybe not. Is there cable already run to it? Is it RG6? If an hd install, is it a 2" pole?

yes it is a 2" pole, but no RG6 running to it.

There could be a charge to bury the wire, but since the pole is there already, maybe the installer will give you a pass on it. How far will the cable be buried?

If not, just have him run it above ground and bury it when he leaves. Or go ahead and trench the 6 feet.

I don't think you will have any trouble.

Use this opportunity to paint the pole esp near the concrete where the weed eaters run.

Also, I would get some 1 1/2" conduit to run up the pole. Do the same where the cable will emerge from the ground near the cable entrance to the building; weed eater protection. Couldn't hurt to actually have all the turn pieces there and put all six or so feet into the conduit. The 1 1/2" stuff is easy to run four cables.

Joe

Yes that reminds me that the weedeaters will take the zinc coating off- I plan to wrap the lower 12 inches in a couple layers of aluminum flashing.

Use this opportunity to paint the pole esp near the concrete where the weed eaters run.

Also, I would get some 1 1/2" conduit to run up the pole. Do the same where the cable will emerge from the ground near the cable entrance to the building; weed eater protection. Couldn't hurt to actually have all the turn pieces there and put all six or so feet into the conduit. The 1 1/2" stuff is easy to run four cables.

Joe

If he's gonna conduit for the turns, he may as well use if for the 6 feet as well.
Conduit is cheap.

Make sure you run a large enough piece to add other coax.... depending on your set up.

4 pieces of coax should be the max you'll need.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Volume limit on HR24 update

Directv Picture Quality Email Address?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts