New Hopper 3 & Sony XBR-Z9D

wmw007

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2010
Southern Calif.
Does Dish have a 4K test channel with color bars? I struggled to get my Sony to recognize 4K. When it finally did, the colors were washed out. So I'm looking for a 4K program that I don't have to pay for in order to finish setting up the Hopper 3 & TV.

Does Dish have a 4K test channel with color bars? I struggled to get my Sony to recognize 4K. When it finally did, the colors were washed out. So I'm looking for a 4K program that I don't have to pay for in order to finish setting up the Hopper 3 & TV.
They don't. I used YouTube on an Nvidia Sheild Pro which supports DV and the settings in Ratings.Com for my X900H.

View: https://youtu.be/hu3emM6RjKQ?si=FXEGDbUX8WmyhWkz

Reactions: charlesrshell
Actually, my HDMI 2 settings are quite close to yours except that I had the contrast enhancer on. 2 different 4K Blu-ray players have fantastic pictures with these settings. But plugging in the Hopper to the same HDMI port displayed washed-out colors. I guess I'll have to wait for the next Dish 4K program in order to figure out if the contrast enhancer was the problem. Thanks for your help.

Actually, my HDMI 2 settings are quite close to yours except that I had the contrast enhancer on. 2 different 4K Blu-ray players have fantastic pictures with these settings. But plugging in the Hopper to the same HDMI port displayed washed-out colors. I guess I'll have to wait for the next Dish 4K program in order to figure out if the contrast enhancer was the problem. Thanks for your help.
Anytime!

Would the Hopper's YouTube App pass HDR and 4K? I must admit, I haven't played around with the YouTube App on the Hopper 3 since I have it in my LG OLED as well as my AppleTV. It would be yet another YouTube client that I would need to log in to and authorize...

Lost Philadlphia Locals

110/119 Listings Post 129 Transition (Updated 6/1/2024)