New HD - losing channels 243-300

Status
Please reply by conversation.

turtleronrob

Original poster
Jul 20, 2006
Around the first of July, i purchased a HDTv and a h20 reciever. i have 3 other regular recievers in the house. I already had a 3 lmb and connected the new Hd reciever, it worked fine, but couldn't pick up any HD channels because of where my dish was setting. I has a directv installer come out to move the dish, which was about 3 years old. Instead of just moving the dish, he moved the dish and put up a new 3 lmb dish. After that I picked up the HD channels fine, but it caused other problems. At certain times during the day, especially at night Channels 243 through about 300 becomes broken up. It can last for a few seconds or 30 minutes or more. The odd transponders on the dish are going up and down in strength when this is happening, however all the old recievers in the house are fine. Had the installer come back out ran new cable from the dish to the recevier, but no good. Got a new receiver from DTV, but still have the same problem. Have switched cables coming out of the dish with cables going to one of the old reciever, but still no help. I don't know what to do next. i was not having this problem before the first installer came out. The installer is coming back and change out the dish i think, but I don't have much hope. i am about ready to take receiver and tv back to the store. WHAT CAN BE THE PROBLEM??? It is about 50 to 60 feet from dish to reciever.

there are not trees. that was why the first installer moved the dish to pick up the HD Sat.

The switchs on the new dish are on the end of the lmbs. Whereas as on my old dish each lmb was fed into the multiplexier at the back of the dish and then went to each receiver. This new dish all 3 lmbs are connected together and the cables for the four receivers are connected at the end of the lmbs.

Sounds like a bad LNB to me. I'd have them replace the dish and get the AT9 (5 LNB) dish anyway. I'm suprised they didn't give you that one in the first place with the H20.

bonscott87 said:
Sounds like a bad LNB to me. I'd have them replace the dish and get the AT9 (5 LNB) dish anyway. I'm suprised they didn't give you that one in the first place with the H20.
Not on a service call.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Changing Programming via Internet

WB68 possible issue with old receivers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts