New H-20 for Sl. at BB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

directvfreak

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I saw in my local adds that bestbuy is now selling the new H-20. It also has a $200 mail in rebate. Should i take advantage of this offer and replace my H-10 or should I wait for directv. My worry is if I get the H-20 receiver free then will they replace my HD DVR when MPEG 4 becomes available. I was also looking at buying an LCD tv for my room and was thinking I could leeve the H-10 in my sons room and place the H-20 in my room. Them when MPEG 4 becomes available D* will replace the HD TIVO and the H-10. Do you think they would?

Matt

directvfreak said:
I saw in my local adds that bestbuy is now selling the new H-20. It also has a $200 mail in rebate. Should i take advantage of this offer and replace my H-10 or should I wait for directv. My worry is if I get the H-20 receiver free then will they replace my HD DVR when MPEG 4 becomes available. I was also looking at buying an LCD tv for my room and was thinking I could leeve the H-10 in my sons room and place the H-20 in my room. Them when MPEG 4 becomes available D* will replace the HD TIVO and the H-10. Do you think they would?

Matt

I just got a 23" WS Samsung LCD at BB for 999 and let me tell you, LCD is sooooo much better then projection HD. Since it's a smaller screen i dont see any pixelation or any of the problems visible on bigger 51 screen. I love the TV and highly rec it.

directvfreak said:

Matt
What I'm going to do is get my H-20 thru Robert at www.valueelectronics That way you can get the $200 rebate and he gives you a free 5 yr. extended warranty. Wait until they notify you about the upgrade or at least until the HD DVR is available before calling them. That way you will have the H-20 you purchased and another H-20 plus the HD DVR from the upgrade. If you do this I would keep the H-10 activated until they upgrade you. If you disconnect it they may not upgrade it then.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Thinking about switching 2 Direct TV

Shipping Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)