New DISH now headphones don't work?

cj2164

Original poster
Jan 2, 2011
florida
Just switched to DISH. Before DISH VIP722k receiver was installed by DISH teach, Sennheiser 120 wireless headphones connected to TV audio out worked fine. Now I get nothing but static. Tried tuning to all available channels, nothing. Almost sounds like RF interference. I know its dumb question can this receiver interfere with this signal? I am open to any other headphone suggestions if that will do it. Would love to use bluetooth but at this point I will work with anything. Here is the equipment list

DISH VIP722k
TV JVC HD56G787
Philips DVD Home Theater HTS3565D

Any advice is appreciated

How were the headphones plugged into the receiver before? Via Red & White wires of via optical digital?

Sounds like something is not setup corrctly or they plugged the wire in the wirng output.

thats what I think too but I'll be damed if I can figure it out. Using simple RCA red and white connections from the audio output jacks on the TV

Try hooking them to the Red & White on the TV1 output on the back of your 722.

I assume it (the 722) is hooked to your TV by HDMI. :)

This should get you working.

well you are both right BUT, DISH tech has my home theater plugged into TV1 out. Here is the current setup. 722 connected to TV by HDMI and to home theater by RCA cables. Can't plug headphones into TV1

If you have a true surround sound system it shouldn't be connected to the L/R audio outputs via RCA. It should be connected via optical digital out from the 722, or, from your TV's digital out (optical or coax) which would be taking audio from the HDMI cable

If you are not using TV2 then set the 722 into single mode inside the front right door. Then red/white outputs on TV2 will copy TV1.

Also be sure to use the red RCA outlet next to the white and not the red/green/blue one for TV1 component.

I do recommend the optical output for your home theater. A fiber-optic cable will run $4 or less per cable for thin Toslink plus shipping from monoprice. Buy several. The TV output may not be 5.1, the receiver is.

-Ken

Last edited:
well you are both right BUT, DISH tech has my home theater plugged into TV1 out. Here is the current setup. 722 connected to TV by HDMI and to home theater by RCA cables. Can't plug headphones into TV1

You could go to Radio Shack and get Audio Y-Splitter Cables (You'd need 2) Then you can share the White and the Red. That's what I had to do at my Church mix board because we needed more than one audio device using the Red's and the White. They're not that expensive for the cheaper ones.

Looking for correct Dish Network Reciever

Dreambox thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)