New Dish network Installation question

dangerous

Original poster
Jan 6, 2005
The install guy came in last week with a 322 receiver and said he had to drill holes through my carpet to run 3 wires. I told him NO. He said 2, 311 receivers will be easier and he can use the existing cables. Now here is my question. Can i get the 322 installed in the basement and run the existing cables to my 2 TV and get an additional UHF remote for TV1 and use the UHF Remote that comes with the receiver for TV2. Has anyone tried using a UHF remote for TV1 and has it worked. How good is the UHF remote?

By installing the 322 receiver in the basement i can get rid of the additional work for the installer as well as use a single receiver and save the $5 for the second 311 receiver. Please let me know what you guys think. Thank you.

I guess I would say, what the heck, I'd spend the 5 bucks and make it easy. Install two 311s instead of a 322. Hey, if one messes up or dies, you still have one working.
(Just my opinion)

when you told him no and he suggested the two 311's did he have them on hand or did he have to come back some other day?

Also, how was he going to run the wires, right up the wall on the inside of your basement?

I am having the 522 installed this weekend. I want the 522 in my basement. My 2nd set is on the 2nd floor so basically it sounds like your setup.

How bout the wires, was he going to run them right up the inside of the wall to your 2nd floor?

If so , why cant they run them out of your basement outside your house and back in through the wall on your 2nd floor?

You could put the 322 in the basement and use the existing wires in the house to feed the TVS and then get a second UHF remote. I do it all the time. The only down fall, is that your feeding the TVs with the coax and you won't be able to use S-video or video inputs. But if that's no big deal have him put it in the basement. The plus side of that is alos that you have two UHF remotes should you ever want to mirror a TV you can rather easily.

Recording with new software

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)