New Dish customer with channel Recall question

Then again, with the most recent s/w update, hitting "Record" actually defaults to recording from the start of the show (if you'd been watching it) so when you tell it to play, it will start from the beginning, not at the point you told it to start recording.
I don't like that "feature". I like more granular control over where my recording start point (and end point) is.

Unfortunately, implementing such a recall would probably be more involved than you'd think since the current design of the DVR dumps the live TV buffer when watching a recorded program.
Watching a recorded show only dumps the buffer of the currently watching show. When a commercial comes on, you can press pause, then swap, then the DVR button and watch something else. When done, press swap and you can then skip the commercials and watch the remainder of the live show. Unlike the VIP receivers, the Hopper also allows multiple swaps between the DVR program and the live program.

Are you talking about the VIP receivers? None of that is true at least for the 612. You can not pause and swap, and if you pause and go to a DVR recording when you return the show is live....

Are you talking about the VIP receivers? None of that is true at least for the 612. You can not pause and swap, and if you pause and go to a DVR recording when you return the show is live....
You're right, I was thinking of VIP receivers with PIP capabilities.

DIRT Availabilty

Joey very erratic - Stuttering, pixelation, 1305 codes, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)