Status
Please reply by conversation.

herdfan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 22, 2004
Cottonwood, AZ
I recently reconfigured my setup due to some trees, and no I can't cut these as they are the neighbors :D , and am back to getting all my programming from a Phase III. I had a split setup with a 24" round for the 101 and a Phase III for the 110/119. It worked well and I rarely had rain fade. Now that I am back on a Phase III I get lots of rain fade. Signal strengths are in the low 90's for most transponders on the 101. Tweaking it is really out of the question since it too high up for me to get to and any installer would probably just laugh at me wanting a stronger signal given what I have.

So my question is with the new D* dish coming out, I know it is going to be bigger for the Ka side, but will it also help me with rain fade issues on the Ku side. Just because the dish is larger doesn't mean the Ku reflector area will be larger. I am going to have to do something which most likely will be a Gainmaster.

But if the new D* dish will help with my issue, I can try to wait until it comes out this fall.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Moving to apartment that is cable ready

about self install and service activation with D*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)