Need Help with 3 LNB 35x24 Oval Install

Status
Please reply by conversation.

b25boxer

Original poster
Sep 2, 2004
I have lost all patience after 5 hours on my roof. I have a new ChannelMaster Gainmaster oval dish with the SAT-C option. I also have a 5X4 multiswitch feeding a HTL-HD DirecTV Receiver. All my wiring is solid.

I cannot seem to tune the 101 and 119 together. I can find all three in a snap, and can get the 110 and 109 together but I have to move the dish to far east to get the 119. Here more details:

I live in zip 55070 Mpls MN.
My receiver zip code utility says 201 Azimuth, 35 Elevation, 74 Tilt.
The install manual chart (log/lat) it says 204 Azimuth, 35 Elevation, 106 Tilt.

The difference in tilt confuses me, 106 and 74 degrees are both 16 degrees off 90 degrees horizontal. ??? Which way do I tilt?

I find sat 101 and 110 at 44 degrees elevation, at various skews 80-105, with the dish pointed slightly to the south west sky (maybe 195 Azimuth?). I find the 119 pointing the opposite direction towards to south east sky (about 170 azimuth?). The 119 is simply too far over to align all three together, it's pointed over 15 degrees over. I can find all three on the same horizontal plane.

I have checked programming on all three, and they seem to be the right birds. Now I just have to get it aligned to see all three at the same time.

Thanks for any advice.

You must have several dealers in you area shop around for one that will do your install, it dosen't sound like you have any idea what you are doing. Paying might be cheaper.

You might want to have an installer do it. There are plenty in the Mpls area....but it looks like you're in the far north metro so there might be someone closer

Update

Followup ...

I just talked to the ChannelMaster distributer, they say the Gainmaster 35X24 tilt angles are mismarked on the dish and are 180 degrees off. They explain subtracting the receivers recommended 74 degree tilt from 180 degrees and set the dish to 106 degrees. Which here in MN would be tilted down on the right side (looking at the back of dish). Anyone hear of this before?

Boba ... thanks for the tip of calling a professional, but I happen to work for one, were a commerical DirecTV and DISH installer and this has my tech stumped, and he's the one who couldnt get it going (he does lack 3 LNB experience). Granted, I maybe should have had him post the questions, I am only a saleperson. Could be something lost in translation. He couldnt get it to work and gave up, so now I am messing with it.

b25boxer said:
Followup ...

I just talked to the ChannelMaster distributer, they say the Gainmaster 35X24 tilt angles are mismarked on the dish and are 180 degrees off. They explain subtracting the receivers recommended 74 degree tilt from 180 degrees and set the dish to 106 degrees. Which here in MN would be tilted down on the right side (looking at the back of dish). Anyone hear of this before?

The above is correct...it does tilt to the right if you are looking at it from behind.

As for the skew, I dont know. I have Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Best / cheapest place to buy a dual destacker?

Will a D* STB scan for local cable channels?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)