Need help for installation

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hello all!

Thank for all your answers.

I had an quotation from a canadian company today is this Fortek receiver good: 36-inch dish with universal KU LNB
(single output), Fortec Dynamic receiver, 100RG6 cable, and HH-90 motor.
The quotation includes shipping and tax. http://transatelectronics.com/store/fortec-36inch_P332

FTAPACK (Various) Fortec, 36" w/ FTA single LNB, 100RG6, Comp
with UNIVERSAL LNB 125.00 1 125.00 125
HH-90 STAB HH-90 USALS Motor 69.00 1 69.00 This Canadian money. http://transatelectronics.com/store/stab-hh90_P326

And what about the KBOX K1 Heros New plus edition receiver is it a better unit? When they say no K-hub include what do they mean? Is the term dongle the same as Khub? What is the use of the Khub?

Thank you again again and again!

lmmau

Last edited:
Today I had a quotation for a: 36-inch dish with universal KU LNB
(single output), Fortec Dynamic receiver, 100RG6 cable 125.00$ cdn Fortec 36-inch Free-to-Air Package [FTA-PACK-36] - $112.50 USD : Transat Electronics, Free-to-Air Satellite Receivers and Electronics, and HH-90 motor 69.00$cdn STAB HH-90 Motor ** Recommended ** [HH-90] - $62.55 USD : Transat Electronics, Free-to-Air Satellite Receivers and Electronics. Would you think that this receiver is good?

And what about Kbox heros new plus edition for 129.99$cdn is this unit really better than the fortec?

Thank you all for your answers and help! ...and the patience of course!

lmmau

The Fortec Dynamic is an updated version of the Fortec Mercury II, a great little receiver. I've had mine a couple of years with no problems, fast blind scan, and easy menu system. It was my first FTA box and is a good choice for a starter.

The STAB HH-90 motor would be my choice, they are the folks that developed the standard.

$112 US is a pretty good price for the whole tomato, I paid $130 for just the receiver.

If 100' of cable isn't enough, don't worry cable is inexpensive.

I don't know about the Kbox, I'm sure someone will chime in.

Last edited:
And what about the KBOX K1 Heros New plus edition receiver is it a better unit? When they say no K-hub include what do they mean? Is the term dongle the same as Khub? What is the use of the Khub?

The various receiver "dongles" are not useful for legal FTA reception. As far as I know those are just for pirating Dish Network and Bell TV. The bundle price with the Fortec receiver is good, I would start with that and once you've had more FTA experience you'll know more about any upgrades you might want.

Hello,

From your point of view wich one would be the better Fortec Dynamic receiver or the Kbox, considering that the dealer ask me 60.00$cdn more for the Kbox? Apparently the kbox only offers a usb connection and a little better image.

Thank you and have a good weekend all!

lmmau

Last edited:
You won't be disappointed with the picture quality of the Fortec, I have one of the earlier (Mercury 2, same box) and it is very good for a standard def receiver.

If all things were equal, and the K-Box was basically the same thing (in every way) as the Visionsat, I'd recommend it due to its great picture quality and PVR capabilities. But if it is a clone, there's no telling if it would be as good as the Visionsat. I can, however, recommend the Visionsat IV-200 (I have two of them now). Many other members here have them and love them. Only glaring problem is not with the box itself, but rather with the broken channel editor software that is needed to sort and manage your channel list. The box is not supported by Channel Master.

... Only glaring problem is not with the box itself, but rather with the broken channel editor software that is needed to sort and manage your channel list. The box is not supported by Channel Master.

Would you please explain me what you mean I do not understand clearly what the meaning. What is broken channel editor and Channel Master?

Thank you!

lmmau

Last edited:
Some receivers allow you to upload the channels that have been stored to your computer to edit the names of channels, satellites, move channels around in the list, etc which takes the load off the remote. The problem with the Visionsat is the channel editor program seems to be broke.

Channelmaster is a program that works the same way and is sorta universal. The issue with that is Visionsat isnt supported by ChannelMaster

Bottom line is you have to use the remote to move channels around and edit the names.

Thank you Iceberg!

Can you tell me what is PVR capabilities means?

Many thanks again for all your patience!

lmmau

Here are the specs for the Kbox is it really like the visionsat? In all those numbers and terms I do not know it is very hard for me to tell! This is very to technical for my little knowledge!!!

Main Features ? Support Extended 9-day EPG
? USB 2.0 Host Support(MP3 Player & JPEG Viewer)
? MPEG-II Digital & Fully DVB Compliant
? Blind Scan

? Multi-LNB Controlled by DiSEqC Control Version 1.0, 1.2 and USALS
? Multi-Satellite Search
? On-Screen Display with 65535 Color Full Resolution
? Favorite Channel Groups
? Powerful Channel Control by Favorites, Lock, Skip, Move and Delete
? Channel Sorting by Alphabet, Transponder and CAS
? Multi-language Supported (OSD & Menu)
? Closed Caption Support
? Maximum 10,000 channels Programmable
? Multi-picture Display

? Parental Lock / Receiver Lock
? CVBS Video & Audio Output via RCA
? Component Y/Pb/Pr Output via RCA
? S-VHS Video Output
? Optical & Coaxial Output for Digital Audio
? Software & Channel Data Upgrade via RS-232 & USB
? Universal Remote Control

Specifications

Tuner & Channel Decoder Input Connector
F-type, IEC 169-24, Female Loop through out
F-type, IEC 169-24, Female Frequency Range
950MHz ~ 2150MHz Input Impedance
75?, unbalanced Signal Level
-65 to -25dBm LNB Power
13/18VDC, max.400mA 22KHz Tone
(22±2)KHz, (0.6±0.2)V DISEqC Control
V1.0/1.2/USALS Compatible Demodulation
QPSK Input Symbol Rate
2 ~ 45 Ms/s FEC Decoder
1/2, 2/3, 3/4, 5/6 and 7/8 with Constraint Length K=7

MPEG Transport Stream A/V Decoding Transport Stream
MPEG-II ISO/IEC 13818 Profile Level
MPEG-II MP@ML Input Rate
Max. 15Mbit/s Video Formats
4:3 LetterBox, 4:3 PanScan, 16:9 Video Resolution
720 x 576, 720 x 480 Audio Decoding
MPEG/MusiCam Layer ?&? Audio Mode
Streo/Joint stereo/Mono Sampling Rate
32KHz, 44.1KHz and 48KHz

Main System Main Processor
Conexant Virgo(32-bit RISC CPU 180 MIPS) Memory
Flash-ROM : 2 MBytes

SDRAM : 32 MBytes

Audio / Video & Data IN/OUT Video
CVBS Video Output (RCA)

S-VHS Video Output (Mini-DIN)

Y/Pb/Pr Video Output (RCA) Audio L/R
RCA(Volume and Mute Control)

AC-3 Dolby Digital (RCA & Optical) RS-232C
9 pin D-SUB (Male) type, Transfer rate 115Kbps USB
USB 2.0 Host Support

RF Modulator RF Connector
IEC 169-24, Female Frequency
CH 3 : 61.25MHz

CH 4 : 67.25MHz Output Channel
CH 3 / CH 4 TV Standard
NTSC-M Preset Channel
CH 3 (or TBD)

Software changeable by Menu

Front Panel Slot
1 USB Host Slot Buttons
3 Buttons (CH UP/DOWN, STANDBY) Display
7-Segment (Channel No. or Time) Indicators
2 LEDs (STANDBY, REMOTE)

Power Supply Input Voltage
AC 100 ~ 250V, 50/60Hz Type
SMPS Power Consumption
Max. 25W Standby Power
Max. 8W Protection
Separate Internal Fuse & Lighting protection

Physical Specification Size (W x H x D)
260mm X 55mm X 210mm Weight (Net)
1.2 Kg Operating Temp.
0°C ~ +45°C Storage Temp.
-10°C ~ +70°C

What is a clone means? Is it as good?

Many thanks again!

lmmau

Last edited:
If the K-Box is a clone, I would use the Visionsat instead. Clone boxes are often made from sub-standard electronics. They are cheap knock-offs of the original product.

I'm not saying the K-Box IS a clone, it may be another legit box that uses the same principle components as the Visionsat, much as the Coolsat 7000 series does. But if it is a knock-off, I'd get a Visionsat instead. These are very cheap as of late, so price should not be an object.

Immau;

One of the things that FTA involves is a willingness to self-educate. Read everything you can get your eyes on. A lot of the questions you are asking is already spelled out in the FAQ, and beginners sections of this and other sites. One of the best things to do is to just buy a system and get your hands dirty. This will let you know pretty quickly if this hobby is for you or not. Not trying to pick on you.

If the K-Box is a clone, I would use the Visionsat instead. Clone boxes are often made from sub-standard electronics. They are cheap knock-offs of the original product.

I'm not saying the K-Box IS a clone, it may be another legit box that uses the same principle components as the Visionsat, much as the Coolsat 7000 series does. But if it is a knock-off, I'd get a Visionsat instead. These are very cheap as of late, so price should not be an object.

I am not sure if this holds true for STBs, but most of the clones I have seen in electronics are actually made in the same factory or sister factories as the original units. (TVs, DVMs, VCRs, telephones including cell, computer parts and computers are the ones I know about.) Those that pass full QA tests are branded as originals, {usually no repairs are made at the assembly plants}. Those that do not pass QA are sent on to a "refurb unit house" where they are retested and repairs are attempted. Those that are repaired are then put in new cabinets and sold, either as (legally) refurbished units (Big Box stores), as originals (fake or bootleg -which we might call clones -- no factory/company holographics) or as another brand - which we may call clones, knock-offs, or copies.
True factory clones, in the lines I have worked with, are VERY rare. Tooling to make a unit costs a whole lot more than buying a truck load of failed boards (6 to 15 cents per pound) and testing / reworking them; especially when some of the failures are poor solder joints.

In the FAQ'S they are talking about LNB and LNBF I do not understand the difference someone can help? Thank you!

lmmau

I finally bought a Visionsat IV200 PVR Plus box 99.00$US delivered to my door. Hope this is a good choice I read the subject dedicated to it on the forum, lots of pages...

Now I am going to buy the dish but I want to be sure to do not do any mistake on this one. What would be the best size of dish to be able to have Galaxy 25 and 19 from my situation which is 45.5832 degree latitude -71.5836 longitude like I said before.

About the LNBF is there a special linear that I should watch, does the LNBF has something to do qith the quality of recption in any ways?

Thank you once again for your answers.

Happy new year everyone!

lmmau

Status
Please reply by conversation.

adding additional columns to "The List"

Does eny 1 what is the local frequency on insat 4a

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts