NBC: Black Donnellys: Mob Drama for Dummies?

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
This was an article on TV Guide the Magazine about the new series on NBC that premiered last week. I watched the first episode and was tempted a few times to change the channel but stuck to it till the end. I am going to watch the second episode but here is a quote from TV Guide:

"Their behavior tends to be as abhorrent as it is ridiculous. I lost count of the number of times I heard the word "stupid" -- as in, "Did you go to school to get that stupid?" -- or maybe that was just me thinking aloud" Matt Roush.

I gave it a full go, but I will say I "skipped" ahead several times during the show. It took a little time. The Sopranos, this aint! But I'll give it a couple more tries.

I have time on my calandar now. I gave up on Jerico and Studio 60 hit a new high on the "stupid" meter on its latest show. (I think it got the ax officially this week). I'll give it a try.

See ya
Tony

I wonder myself. You prompted me to look, and I found it still listed on NBC's HD website. I suppose since it's listed, it's still an NBC show? It says something like the next show is a trip down memory lane, can be viewed on the web only. I'm not much for internet tv, so I'll pass on that. I hope it means you can view it now, but it will be on OTA tv soon. At least that's what I hope?

Al

Black Donnellys on HDNet - June 13th

Black Donnellys on HDNet - June 13th

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.hd.net/series_comingsoon.html#donnellys
The Black Donnellys
Meet the Donnelly brothers: Tommy (the smart one), Jimmy (the hot-headed one), Kevin (the unlucky one), and Sean (the pretty one). There is nothing these four Irish brothers wouldn't do to protect each other. Set in New York, this gritty, yet occasionally humorous series bears witness to the Donnelly brothers' sudden involvement in organized crime, focusing on how they go from boys to mobsters, and showing how their new life affects their relationships with friends, family, and lovers. Created by Academy Award winners Paul Haggis and Bobby Moresco (Crash). The Black Donnellys, including seven exclusive, previously un-aired episodes, starts Wednesday, June 13th at 8 PM ET on HDNet.

There's some rumor of HDNet picking this show up....one can hope.

Voom signs agreement with AOL -- everest documentary on Rush HD

UHD Highlights for June

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)