NBA’s new TV Deal looks to go to Streaming

for businesses, this will be a battle between DirecTV (Amazon exclusives) vs EverPass/UPShow (Peacock exclusives) unless DirecTV can get the rights to distribute Peacock package

Lots of streaming in the new deal. The biggest piece is starting in 2026-27, Amazon will exclusively stream a conference final. There will be weekly games that are exclusive to streaming as well as some early round games streamed on Amazon as well as the play-in games. But that conference finals - that is a big step 2 years from now.
Considering more households have a Amazon Prime subscription then a paid Live TV subscription here in the United States, it is a good decision.

Considering more households have a Amazon Prime subscription then a paid Live TV subscription here in the United States, it is a good decision.
Yeah, but Amazon is acquiring stuff I don't want to see. Which is fine, until they increase prices to pay for these rights. Granted, it is probably nothing compared to NFL TNF.

Reactions: osu1991 and AZ.
Yeah, but Amazon is acquiring stuff I don't want to see. Which is fine, until they increase prices to pay for these rights.
I have Prime for shopping/shipping, even if the price went to $199 ( hope it does not), it is still worth it to me, because of the time and energy it saves me from going to multiple stores.

Plus it is less expensive, for example, a supplement that my yellow lab needs is now $30 at Amazon for a 2 month supply, the only store that carries it is in Orlando, at $50 for the same size canister.

So my option is, go there every 2 months ( they only stock one at a time, I went there not long ago again when I forgot to order), spend $20 more, plus the 2 hours out of my day doing so.

So that alone, saves me $180 a year.
Granted, it is probably nothing compared to NFL TNF.
NFL gets about $11 Billion per year in TV rights, but their rating are far superior to the NBA.

But the networks lose money on the NFL rights also.

I have Prime for shopping/shipping, even if the price went to $199 ( hope it does not), it is still worth it to me, because of the time and energy it saves me from going to multiple stores.

Plus it is less expensive, for example, a supplement that my yellow lab needs is now $30 at Amazon for a 2 month supply, the only store that carries it is in Orlando, at $50 for the same size canister.

So my option is, go there every 2 months ( they only stock one at a time, I went there not long ago again when I forgot to order), spend $20 more, plus the 2 hours out of my day doing so.
I'm happy it works for you, but I don't base the value of something to me based on the value to someone else. I personally don't want to pay higher rates for rights I'm not into. Now if Amazon were to require an add-on, that'd be different. I hate the idea of having to pay more for one NFL game a week, for a few months.

I'm happy it works for you, but I don't base the value of something to me based on the value to someone else.
You do not do any shopping via Amazon?

That is where the value is.
I personally don't want to pay higher rates for rights I'm not into. Now if Amazon were to require an add-on, that'd be different. I hate the idea of having to pay more for one NFL game a week, for a few months.
But you pay all that money to Dish Network, for a bunch of content you never watch, what is the difference?

MeTV Toons Schedule

Netflix Just Commissioned Its Largest Number of Titles in 3 Years