Multiswitch hookup Lost Local Channels ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

LMomaha

Original poster
Jan 17, 2011
NE
I'm running into a problem with hooking up a third Standard DTV receiver in my home.
I have a 3 LNB 18X20 dish. The original hook up has two cables that run from the satellite into the home each wire connects directly to each reviver. To add a third receiver I bought a Eagle Aspen DTV 3 in 4 Out Multiswitch and hooked everything up to that. Everything seems to be working just fine except for my local channels, it's strange I loose my local channels after about an hour, if I unhook one of the cables from the multiswitch and hook it back up I get the local channels back, but then after an hour I loose them again.
The signal strength on the dish is just fine too, and all the other channels are just fine, it's just the local ones that seem to be a problem. Anyone here have any advice on whats causing the channel loss?

Thanks so much for your quick reply,
What third line, you mean the third cable from the third receiver?
I was told that an 18X20 dish that has 2 cables running to the switch would work with a 3-4 multiswitch.
So that's what causing the loss of local channels? I'm curious as to why can I even get any channels in the first place if that's the problem? Wouldn't the channels not show up at all?

The problem can be intermittent.

The 18x20 LNB has 4 ports.
You have to use all 4 ports before using a multiswitch (running all 4 lines to the multiswitch)

Basically, the 3x4 will not pass the 119 or 110 which is what your locals are probably coming in on.

The 18" is really the only dish you can use a 3x4 on which just picks up the 101 and does not pick up the 99 or 110.

Just run a cable from one of the empty ports on the LNB and connect it to the one for the 3rd room.
Everything should work fine then.

The OP must be in Omaha market which the SD locals are on 119 so as noted above just run a cable from the dish to the receiver.
(If you were in Lincoln/Hastings/Kearney market that is a MPEG4 only market so you'd have a HD dish even for your locals)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Error 3005 - Cannot download VOD

Help Help Help with HD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)